Sunday, November 30, 2014

As Life Goes: Gen. 5.4-Matthew



The next day Mom spent a lot of time out with her plants. She had broken down into tears when Dad got home after his attempted talk with Claudia’s mom. He said her mind was made up and that she wouldn’t let her daughter’s life be ruined by some ‘careless fuck-up’.  Dad tried to tell them that we would take the baby, but Claudia refused to be 'fat and ugly'. I needed focus. I needed order. Counting wasn’t even helping. I was restless the whole day. I constantly checked the sinks making sure there were no leaks. I cleaned everything.



I brushed Vor, twelve strokes on one side followed by twelve on the other. Kraig and Dax had both been calling and texting me, but I didn’t respond. Around 5 I got one from her: It’s done. I sat and stared at it. Why did she send that? It was bad enough she was getting done, but to text me? Frustrated I got up, and changed quickly.


“Where are you going?” Dad asked.

“I need out for a bit. Going for a run.” I left before he could say anything.

I ran hoping the air would clear my head. I kept going over that fight with her, her hateful words replayed in my head. “Someone old and rich…having a brat…” I pushed myself harder as I ran, counting each stride. I cared about her. I was her friend, her shoulder to cry on. I’d let her talk me into all sorts of things because I loved her. I was stupid, everyone tried to tell me she was bad news, a user, even Uncle Carter and Grandpa Davis told me I shouldn’t get so serious at such a young age but did I listen? No!


My pace picked up…seventy-three, seventy-four, seventy-five…I can’t believe I was so blinded by her. How could I not have seen what kind of person she really was?!...eighty-two, eighty-three… I kept running, my legs started to burn but I didn’t care. It’s done…the text popped into my head. I’d found out I was going to be a father, then lost that child in a space of twenty-four hours. “I don’t want it…” eighty-seven, eighty-eight...

I was only 17, was I really ready to be a father? Sure my parents would have been supportive and helped, but that would have been a major alteration to my life. I could have done it. I have family, lots of family. How could she just not give me a say? How was that fair? “…the manner I require…” She was nothing more than a user, an opportunist. She wanted the easy way. To marry some rich old guy and live the life of luxury. I stopped running once I reached the cove.


“She doesn’t know,” I said out loud trying to catch my breath. Laughter over took me. Claudia wanted a rich guy that would spoil her but she didn't know that's what she already had. A girl like her was not someone I needed to have in my life, or my family's life. I hated that this whole situation made my mother so sad. I wished I could go back and listen to their warnings, or not lied to my parents to spend so much time with her. There were many things I would change if I could, but unfortunately I couldn't.


The rest of the weekend I spent being extra nice to Mom. I helped in the garden watched those cheesy romantic comedy movies with her. I felt bad for how upset she still was. She'd be fine during the day, but I'd hear her crying in her room at night. Claudia’s decision upset me, but I was more pissed off at how it affected my mother. I had my role in the situation, I knew that, and I was going to do my best to make up for it. I could do that by spending more time with her and making sure she, and Dad knew how much I appreciated them.


I thought I was ready to face Claudia until Monday rolled around. I made my bed, making sure there wasn’t a wrinkle in sight. Brushed my teeth, counting to make sure I did an even number of strokes, then I checked the sink to make sure it was shut off tightly. Mom and Dad noticed I was distracted at breakfast and offered to let me stay home if I needed to, but I declined. I’d done nothing wrong. I could face her. I picked up Kraig and Dax and talking to them kept my mind off her temporarily. Dax was telling me he was glad I’d finally broke up with her. I’d not told them why, it was bad enough nothing was kept quiet in the family.


Mom never used the family’s status to do things, but she’d called Grandpa to see if he could do anything to stop Claudia. He was angry, but there simply wasn’t enough time to try, he’d said if she’d given us more notice we could have taken her to court possibly. I hadn’t been sure if I wanted to deal with all of that anyway, especially knowing the kind of person she really was. As painful as it was to admit it, but her rash decision was for the best. I’d never say that out loud to Mom though.

Second period was History, as I watched the clock tick down at the end of first period the counting started. I walked into class and took my normal seat; she walked in right before the bell rang. One…two…three…she didn’t even look at me as she walked by, bypassing her normal seat which was next to me to take one in the back. At lunch, I saw her flirting with Darrick Abe. When she saw me, she frowned before linking her arm through his. One…two…three…I just stared at them for a minute. How could I have really not see who she truly was? Dad said my ability to see auras would kick in the more I matured, but even that wasn’t a guarantee since other supernaturals didn’t always project one. There was a chance I would have never seen her true inner being had this not happened. Dax got my attention and I tried to put her out of my mind.



Senior year! I buckled down on my studies and earned a full scholarship to Bay University. I was excited to go even though I turned down the scholarship. We could more than afford to send me to college so I thought the money should go to someone who actually needed the assistance. Mom and Dad were very proud of me. Dax had joined the Air Force and would be heading off to boot camp. Kraig got a basketball scholarship to Palm State University in Lucky Palms. It was crazy to think all three of us would be going in different directions after graduation. 

I saw Claudia very little, mostly passing in the halls. She’d called me a few times after everything thinking we could be friends, which really meant she wanted me to listen to how horrible her life was when whatever dude she’d been seeing got tired of her, or her mom was being a bitch. Mom and Dad taught me to be nice, understanding, and that second chances were a good thing, but with her all that went out the window. I wasn’t rude to her, but I also couldn’t deal with her anymore. Of course she didn’t take the rejection well and whenever she’d see me talking to some other girl, she’d make a point to make some snide comment. As much as I tried to ignore her, sometimes she could still push my buttons.


Mom and Dad did have me talk to someone about my ‘anxiety’ issues. I tried to tell them it was no big deal, but Mom had been pretty freaked out that day. I still counted when things got really bad, but I found other ways to channel my nervous energy which was mostly working out. I ran and I got a membership to the local gym. The physical exertion was good for me, it cleared my head and calmed me. I still had to keep things orderly, but Mom thought that was a plus. She never had to worry about a landfill of a bedroom from me.




For my birthday I opted for a small thing with just Mom and Dad. I knew they were planning a big graduation party a few weeks later so I didn’t see the need for two. I was an official adult although I didn't feel any different.


Graduation day was great. I finished with honors, so my hard work paid off.  I was voted most likely to burn down the house, cause one small fire during Home Ec. and you never live it down.



“My baby's all grown up,” Mom cried pulling me into a hug. I saw her from the stage and she’d been in tears most of the ceremony. "What am I supposed to do when you leave?"

"I'll come home often to raid the fridge and let you do my laundry," I responded trying to make her feel better. I wasn't leaving for months, but Mom had been emotional for the last few weeks just thinking about it.


“You’re Mom and I are proud of you son,” Dad said once Mom released her death grip on me.

“Thanks Dad.” With Mom's emotional state, I wouldn't let her know I was a bit freaked out about moving as well. My entire routine was about to be thrown off and I wasn't looking forward to that.







My party was epic! My grandparents rented out the place and hired a caterer for the event. Like with all major events in the family, everyone was there. I couldn’t believe I was done with high school and in a few months I’d be moving out of the house to stay on campus. One chapter of my life had finished and I was excited to see what the next one brought.

**A/N**

Matt was actually Valedictorian, but since I wrote him as having some difficulties with his studies I just changed it to with honors instead. The photo booth got lots of action at the party. Davis/Cora, Jonas/Grace, Hope/Caleb. Starr and Nick were flirting LOL even though in my game she's his step-mom.

Family sightings: Uncle Carter with Mayra


Also Grace and Jonas celebrated their ‘1’ year anniversary but we are going with 20th for story purposes considering their child graduated high school. LOL Here are shots from their date.











And they of course finished the night with a little woo-hoo out in the fairy house.

24 comments:

  1. Wow! I loved this update. :) So much emotion. Poor Grace! Gosh, this really hit her hard and I can't blame her. I wanted to give her a big hug and cry with her. I know exactly how she feels. :( Then, to see her little boy all grown up and graduating can be emotional too. I figured Grace would be in floods over that.

    Awww, Matt really is a sweetheart, giving up the scholarship so someone else could have the assistance. That really was awesome.

    He was so sweet to Grace when she was so upset. He's got his issues, but he really is a nice, nice guy.

    It was so heartbreaking to see Matt just replaying all of this over in his head while he was taking his run. Poor kid! He was more upset by Claudia's mistreatment of him but was mostly pissed off at how Grace was affected. Then, Claudia has the nerve to want things to sort of go back to how they were with Matt being her little sounding board. Sorry, Claudia, but you f***ed up and you don't even deserve to lick Matt's boots.

    Can't wait to read the next part. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it. Grace is hurting over Claudia's decision. She's wanted more kids for years and so far it's not happened so to hear this girl is pregnant and won't consider even doing adoption is heartbreaking. Sure it wouldn't have been 'her' kids, but it would have been her grandchild which was good enough for her. :( Yeah she got all emotional at graduation. Her baby is grown up and getting ready to leave. She's going to miss him something terrible.

      They have money so his college is paid in full so he saw no need to take money from someone that might really need it. Matt has two very generous parents that raised him well, he of course would do the right thing.

      Matt had never seen his mom unhappy. I mean she's married to Jonas, there was never a reason she would be unhappy, that man spoils her something awful. LOL Seeing his mother cry and be that upset was a shock to Matt's system and he wanted to make her feel better anyway he could.

      At 17 kids think they have it all figured out. He really had blinders on when it came to Claudia but to hear her talk to him like that, for her to be so callous and downright nasty was an eye opener. It hurt him to know she was really that way and that he ignored the warnings he'd gotten from his family. LOL she did have some nerve thinking he'd still want to be friends with her after that. Claudia's world is really small and she is the center of it. She truly believed that since she'd moved past it, Matt would to and they could get back to their arrangement when it suited her. Matt was finished with her and she didn't like that, but not much she can do about it.

      thanks for reading.

      Delete
  2. Not wanting to be fat and ugly, really Claudia? And sending the text? She just had to rub salt right into the wounds, didn't she? The Mother sounds like a charmer too.

    I'm glad that Matt does look at her for what she is and he is much better off without her. I still can't believe she had the audacity to call him up for comfort when others dumped her yet again.

    Grace might be understandably upset. but it would have been worse if they would have married. I thought it was sweet the way Matt tried to be nice to his mother while she was upset.

    At least this ended with some happy times, Matt grew into an incredibly handsome young man and graduated. The party looked like it was fun for the whole family.

    Oh boy if that photo booth could talk, what stories it would tell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...she was not about to gain weight and make that sacrifice for 'nothing' in her eyes. Sending the text was to rub it in, especially since she knew how much he and his parents apparently wanted the baby after Jonas went to talk to them. Jonas was smart and never mentioned money...I think he knew what kind of women he was dealing with.

      She showed her true colors and Matt is grateful for that. He is much better off, but it was a hard way to learn that lesson. Yeah she did, once enough time passed for her, she was ready to get back to how things were. She knows Matt is a good guy and was a good friend, but she blew it.

      The baby hurt her. Having Claudia as a part of their life would have brought misery to them all :( but they would have tried to make it work. Matt did not like seeing his mother so upset and wanted to make it up to her as best he could.

      That chapter of his life is over and he is ready to embark on a new journey. The family bands together and got through that tough time. The party was fun, everyone came :D and they enjoyed themselves. LOL that photobooth. Man...lots of horny couples the Gruber/Solo/McInytre family.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
    2. Lol, poor photobooth... probably wishes it could have its memory cards wiped!

      Delete
    3. hahahaha...it's gonna need a major wipe down as well. LOL

      Delete
  3. Claudia you dummy. Just a plum dummy. Matt could have given you everything you wanted. Not that we want Matt with her at ALL. She'll probably end up with someone old, rich, and MEAN. not that she'd really care, I'm sure. Poor Gruber fam, a sad chapter to be sure.

    Moving on however good on Matt! He'll have no trouble getting a nice girl in college. Maybe Aunt Peyton can show him the ways of mischievous fairies and teach him how to master his magic.then again... I thought we said we wanted good girls in his life. I think she's mellowed since meeting Sam and having some respect for the law of the land.

    I hope Grace and Jonas are blessed with more sweet fairy babies, Matt grew up so handsomly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see the family at the party! Looks like Cal & Erin are working out... I wonder how that celibacy worked out. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL well I started playing the wishacy some and that celibacy thing went right out the window. So far their autonomous woo-hoo is not risky so yay for that! They can't afford a baby right now.

      She is a dummy! Matt would have done everything she thinks she deserves. He would have spoiled her, she wouldn't have had to work a day in her life and she would have been part of an awesome family!!!!! She messed up big time and doesn't even know it yet. We'll be seeing her again after Matt gets back from Uni and we'll find out how she faired in life.

      Matt won't have any trouble with the ladies. He won't be as wild as his grandfather, but he'll have a good time all the same. hahaha Peyton could show him the ways, I'm not sure he needs that kind of influence in his life. LOL

      Grace and Jonas will have at least one more hopefully. I want to see what a little girl would look like, but they'd probably give me another boy. LOL

      thanks for reading

      Delete
    2. Perhaps while Wind travels in Vuneca's story she can blow through town and bless Grace with a fertility charm... and some watermelon!

      Delete
    3. LOL...I'll see what Wind can do. I think PG was gonna have some potent fertility elixir sent to them as well. Hopefully their next baby will be a girl, but we'll have to wait and see.

      Delete
  5. So much joy!! And how deserved it all is, too :3 Well done, Matt, for graduating and having done this well. If you thought High School was difficult just you wait until you start uni!

    And congrats to Jonas and Grace :3 After having caught up enough in Vuneca's challenge to know Jonas' full story it's even nicer to see him find happiness ^^

    It was great seeing everyone come together for Matt's birthday, too. I love big parties with the whole family in these games, it's great seeing everyone together at the same time :) Can't wait to see him off at uni!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things got better for him in high school with the studies so I think he'll be fine in Uni.

      LOL yes! Now that you understand the whole history of Jonas, you can see how fitting this happy ending it. Jonas was a great guy in Vuneca's story and I knew he'd be perfect for Grace. I love those two together.

      The family is close and always comes out to support each other when ever possible. Matt graduated, they survived a rough year, it was time to party!

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  6. Wow.
    You wrote it all wonderfully. It's a tough topic. He needed to learn that she was no good but it sure was a lesson. He sure is a handsome guy! Glad he did well in school and I hope uni isn't too overstimulating for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Abortion is a touchy topic but I tried to handle it gently. He learned that not everyone is nice and has good intentions. Hard way to learn that lesson. :( I am so happy with how he turned out. I can't wait to see what other babies look like from Jonas and Grace.

      Uni years up next.

      Delete
  7. It's good that things are working out. It's better that he has put the Claudia incident behind him.
    Great pictures ) fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Claudia is out of his life, but it was a tough time for the whole family.

      the graduation party was fun.

      thanks for reading.

      Delete
  8. Wow, I'm glad he finally stood up to her, unfortunately too late, but better late then never. I'm wondering if she's really gone or if she'll back later once she realizes just what she lost when what she was looking for was right there in front of her for the taking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, he finally did. The way she acted and seeing how upset her actions made his mother, Matt was done with her. She has no clue that the man she wanted was standing right in front of her the whole time. She'll hate her actions when/if she ever learns the truth.

      thanks for reading.

      Delete
  9. LOL, 20th does sound much better because of how old Matthew is. Haha. XD Oh it was Jonas that was going to talk to Claudia's mom, not Grace. Oops, I said it wrong in my last comment. Sorry. LOL.
    I didn't figure Claudia's mom would agree to make Claudia keep the baby considering she doesn't seem like a big family person, since she was never really home.
    I do agree with Matt and the conclusion he finally came to, which was Claudia's decision was the best for the long term future. They would have had a really hard time being a loving family, and everyone's life would have been difficult. I also believe in second chances, but only when the person acts like they want a genuine second chance. If I can tell they're still trying to use me, then they don't get a second chance. As annoying and sad as his situation was with Claudia, I think he's gained a great life experience that will help him down the road. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah it does. Gotta love sim time, kid graduates high school but 1 year of marriage. LOL

      No worries, but yeah Grace sent Jonas to talk to her. Grace has improved, but she's still shy and no way can she handle any kind of confrontation. Claudia's mom is where Claudia gets her attitude and outlook on life. :(

      Matt does feel like it was the best solution now that he got to really see what kind of person Claudia was. She is a gold digger and would have been a nightmare to deal with in her need to have the finer things in life. Matt realized that Claudia was a user and that he was better off not having her in his life even as a friend.

      Hopefully this will be a learning experience for him.

      thanks for reading

      Delete