Saturday, November 1, 2014

Going Solo: Grace Gen 4.27


I loved being a mother. I'd never known it could be possible to have love so deeply for someone so tiny, but I did. Every time I looked at Matt, my heart swelled. Jonas was just as in love with his son. We worked well together, caring for him.


Late night feedings, changing dirty diapers, baby vomit, all of it, Jonas happily took care of. Watching him with our son only made me love him more.


Vor even took an instant liking to the newest member, going so far as to sleep in Matt's room at night. Mom and Dad were at the house often. I'd seen Dad care for Carter and even Erin, but sometimes it was still funny to watch him love on his grandson.




They were happy to babysit every chance they could. Mom said it was important to still take time to for us, which we did, but probably not as often as Mom would have liked.


I'm pretty sure the older Matt gets, the less I'm going to see him. Mom and Dad were already making plans for overnight trips and toddler classes and all sorts of activities that apparently Jonas and I were not included on. With them having a grandchild in town, I knew it was to be expected. They still flew out to see Trevor often and spoiled him from long distance. Mom was even trying to convince Hope to let him come for the summer.



Being a mother was a very fulfilling job. Every coo Matt made or each time his little fingers wrapped around mine warmed my heart and the suffering I went through to get him I'd do 100 times over. Time flew by and before I knew it my baby was getting ready to turn one. We planned a small party at the house with family only.



Caleb and Hope flew in for the occasion. I did good and didn't cry at the idea of my little bundle of joy was now a 'big' boy, a 'big' boy that looked a lot like me, but had Jonas' adorable ears.



Life with a toddler was much different. Matt was a curious boy and like to explore and he kept us on our toes. He and Vor were great friends and where one was the other could usually be found. Matt's current favorite teething toys, much to our dismay, were Vor's chew toys.


I think I nearly had a heart attack when I first saw them chewing on the same rubber hotdog, Jonas however thought it was funny. Germs were good for him Jonas had said. Our life was quiet and simple and we enjoyed it that way. The store was doing well and Jonas was even thinking of expanding and opening a second location in the next town over.




My garden was thriving and although the stairs were getting harder to navigate, Vor would still try to be by my side some days. Life was good.

Matt was a smart boy and loved to learn. Jonas and I had decided to always talk to him as a person instead of in baby speak and because of that he picked up on talking fairly quick.



We'd read all the books at the house to him a few times over and since our house was small, I didn't want to keep buying books and cluttering up the space so one day while Jonas was at the store I headed to the best place in town that would give us unlimited reading material.



I stood outside the steps looking at the building, I'd not been back here since that night, choosing instead to buy books on my tablet and get my fill of reading that way. I'd missed the place, I'd always felt at home at the library. The quiet comfort. People left you alone for the most part since it really wasn't a place for socializing. Stepping inside, it was different than I remembered. They had done some renovations over the years. I held Matt close as I walked back to the children's area.



The place was great with soft chairs and a play area for little ones to explore. Matt and I sat and I found a few books to read to him. He loved being there and I was amazingly not as nervous as I thought I'd be. As I went to put away the books we'd used, my phone started vibrating.


"Hey, Jonas," I said keeping my voice low.

"Hey, babe, where are you?"

"I brought Matt to the library."

He was silent for a moment. "Wow. You should have called, I would have gone with you."

I could hear the concern in his voice. "I know, but I'm okay. Really. I'm good."

"Well, since you're in town, how 'bout my two favorite people meet me at the park?"

I finished putting away the books, gave Matt a quick diaper change and headed towards the playground. Jonas smiled when he saw us approaching.


"You're really okay?" he asked giving me a quick kiss.

I smiled and nodded. "We had a good time. So any word on the approval?"

Jonas smiled and ruffled Matt's hair a bit. "All is on schedule, we got the approval from the city today for the location we wanted."

"That's great!"

"Yep, and I finally decided on a camcorder. Put Matt on one of the rides so I can test it out."
Jonas ran to his car to get his camera and I got Matt on the spring ride. Jonas had been weighing his options on cameras for weeks, wanting to make sure he got the right one. I had no clue there could be so many differences and he'd make my head spin with all his techy talk about them.


Matt had a blast and Jonas looked like just as big a kid playing with his new toy. We spent the afternoon in the park letting Matt play and having fun family time. Jonas recorded nearly all of it until his battery died which is when we we headed home for some dinner.


Flying came easy for Matt, learning to walk however was a bit trickier. Poor kid inherited my clumsiness it seemed. Eventually he managed to get steady on his feet and Jonas recorded every moment of it.



All these little milestones, talking, learning to go potty, and eventually walking, were great but a bit sad as well. It meant my baby was growing up.

**A/N**
Grace is now at level 8 in her career. She needs around $20k to move up to level 9. Luckily Matt has learned all his skills so she can devote more time to working her garden.

So while Davis and Cora were over for a visit they thought it would be a good idea to show how much they are still in love. Since they were guests I couldn't cancel out the action. Not sure if it was risky or not. Guess I'd know in a few days. LOL





Bonus Matthew shots






18 comments:

  1. I loved this update! It's great that Grace was able to go back into the library and enjoy herself. She's come such a long way, and I'm so proud of her.

    Matt is so CUUUUTE! Aww, he is just adorable. He's definitely one spoiled little boy, especially with Cora and Davis around. :) I had to laugh at Cora and Davis WooHooing again and on Grace's bed too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad. She hasn't been there in years and avoided going anywhere near it. She has come a long way. Jonas has done wonders for her. He's also very proud of how far she's come.

      I'm loving Matt, especially those ears!!! Man he is spoiled. Both Grace and Jonas are always rolling wants for him and do a lot of his basic care without being directed. Cora and Davis yep those two still at it. At least they still like each other so that's a plus, but ewww...couldn't they wait til they got home? LOL

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  2. Sweet update. Since they are looking to expand to another town, does that mean there is a move in the future?
    Nothing like your PARENTS doing it in your bed...ew LOL I guess their grandson has given them baby fever?
    The camcorder is one thing I have NEVER used. I honestly don't even know where to find it in my game. I think it may be missing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm thinking about moving soon. My save has been acting strange. I try to do at least 2 gens per town, but this one might make it only one. Well 1.5 if you count the time Davis was still in charge of the story.

      LOL yeah EWWW is right. Those two still in love after all this time. Guess it's a good thing. We'll see if it results in another baby or not.

      LOL I've not used it but once or twice maybe. A long time ago, early in my baby challenge right after Generations first came out. Since then I'd not thought about it, but I'm trying to cover aspects of this game I normally wouldn't. They are found under misc. electronics and you have to get the video tower as well so you can play them later. Gonna show Grace and Jonas watching tapes I guess at some point. LOL

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  3. I loved this update such a happy family! I can already tell Matthew is going to be a hottie when he grows up, but than again with those two parent how could he be anything else but drop dead gorgeous.

    Grace really has made a lot of progress and is a totally changed woman. Before when she attempted to do anything that reminded her about her ordeal, she would be fearful and nervous but when faced with the library she knew there were demons to overcome but she walked in strong and without hesitation. Although that is something that will never be truly behind her, she is now a very strong woman.

    Davis and Cora oh those two will never change, they do the same at Hope and Caleb's LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a happy family. They lead a quiet, simple life but that's perfect for them. Matt, yeah I was so tempted to age him up for a sneak peak but I won't. I want to be surprised.

      Grace has grown a lot thanks to Jonas. She found a confidence within herself that she didn't know she had before. Plus having him there, a constant source of love and support made facing those demons a lot easier. She's had her family, but Jonas made things different for her. She has finally healed and truly moved forward in her life.

      LOL nope they won't change, not at all. At least they are still in love I don't ever get pop ups saying they are fighting or anything. Instead I get the happy couple type of pop ups. Caleb and Hope get them too.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  4. This update was so lovely. Matt is such a cute baby and the family is adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Matt is a cutie and I adore this family. Each gen out does the previous one.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  5. Vor is starting to look old :(

    Matt is too adorable though, and with Davis and Cora still feeling as young as ever I shall ignore the grey dots in Vor's coat :) Given that they are both vampires they might continue to give you babies for a very long time yet :D

    Grace has changed so much, from someone who jumped at her own shadow to someone who happily takes her son out to the library without anyone there protecting her. She's come such a long way, it's good to see her so much better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah he is :( He's an elder now.

      Davis and Cora LOL they won't ever grow out of the honeymoon phase I don't think. They are still very much in love. I'm sure on the next move, they'll be adding to the family once again.

      Grace has grown a lot thanks to Jonas. She's become exactly what she wanted. Someone normal. Someone who isn't afraid all the time and someone who knows what its like to be in love. All the things she never thought possible. The library was the final hurdle. She'd avoided that place since the night of the rape but faced her lingering fears head on and realized they weren't as bad as she thought they would be. Jonas was proud of her for that step.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  6. Aw, Vor is growing older : (. Maybe you need to use the clone voucher for Vor? I know it may be a good way to ease the pain when Vor eventually goes. Having a little mini him around. In other news Matt is adorable! He's so cute! He has Jonas's ears but he looks something like a male grace. So cute! Aww.. well glad to see Grace is so much comfortable with the public by actually go out to the library with her son. Good to see. Gracie came such a long way now she's spreading those wings and flying. Beautiful to see her character develop like this. Wonderful chapter can't wait for the next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, he's an elder now. :( I never thought of the clone option. I really ignore most LTR and I need to stop doing that. LOL It's going to be a sad day in the Solo household when he finally goes. I get nervous each time I load game thinking any day will be his day.

      He does have Jonas ears and that seems to be all he has from his father right now. Hopefully as he gets older he'll start to look more like a good mix of the two.

      Grace has grown by leaps and bounds thanks to Jonas. He gave her a strength she didn't think she'd ever find. He slowly coaxed her out of her shell and she became a stronger and braver person. The love of a good man does wonders!

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  7. Matthew is just so cute! I've always loved the elf ears too. Davis and Cora just never seem to quit, they're really cute though they way they're still in love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG those elf ears are too adorable. They are probably my favorite feature on Jonas and I'm so glad Matt ended up with them. Davis and Cora...even after all these years they are still very hot and heavy for each other. LOL

      thanks for reading.

      Delete
  8. Matthew is the cutest baby ever! Such a big moment for Grace to take him to the library, I think she has finally put her past behind her! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks!!! I thought he was quite adorable myself. :D So far the game has been giving me great offspring. It was a huge moment for her to go to the library and to go alone. She's grown a lot and reclaimed her life. :)

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  9. I've never seen a baby fairy before! So cute! LOL, especially those ones where he's flying. XD I am so happy Grace managed to go to the library again, and not have a panic attack, LOL. They seem like the perfect little family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Matt is my first fairy baby and I think they are adorable as well. I love the floating thing. :)

      The library was like the final hurdle to putting the past behind her. She faced it head on and with that strength she'd gained from Jonas' love. :) They are a great little family. I just adore them.

      thanks for reading

      Delete