Sunday, November 23, 2014

Going Solo: Gen. 5.1-Matthew

***So I am putting this warning here. Matt's gen will touch on some sensitive issues. I plan to cover aspects of mental issues given the traits he has rolled (neurotic and eccentric). There will be incidents during his generation that will focus on these issues and a few others that may be hard on some. Those chapters will be given an additional warning. I just wanted to make you aware of this fact in advance.***


Today was a big day. It was my birthday and I was excited. I would get my wings today, my real wings. Dad and I had lots of conversations about this day. I’d wanted my wings for a long time. I mean I know I have them, but they are these funny looking things where as Dad’s and Mom’s were so majestic. I would be like them today. We arrived a little early, Mom wanted to make sure everything was perfect. I couldn’t wait to see what gift Grandma and Grandpa got me. I told them I wanted a new laptop, but Mom said I didn’t need it. Grandpa liked getting me stuff anyway so I was pretty sure I’d get it. I’d already gotten the best gift from Great Grammy Wind. Dad had been telling her how Vor was getting old and Mom had been sad over the thought of losing him. I was too, he was my best friend, well she sent this stuff that Dad put on his food and the next day he was young again.



It was amazing. Mom was so happy. Dad liked making her happy and Vor was going to be with us for a long time still so it was a win/win.

The guest had arrived, it was time for my party. I blew out the candles and made my wish. My body tingled…gone were the little wings, in their place pink ones. PINK! I was a boy with pink wings. I would never live that down!!! 




Mom laughed when she saw my face, she must have known what I was thinking. Dad said it was all those jokes I liked to play and the color was nothing to worry about. I had a playful spirit and that was a good thing. He was right about that, it was fun to joke around, although not everyone felt that way.

I got to enjoy the summer hanging out with my friends. Kraig was like me, he like to joke and have a good time. We could get into a lot of trouble together.


Dax and I had been friends since elementary school and we still got along great. Hanging out and goofing off was our favorite pastime.

Summer passed too quickly and it was the morning of the first day of high school. I got up and made my bed. Brushed my teeth.


“One…two…three,” I counted in my head. I did that as a kid too, well I used to do it out loud, but I would get funny looks so I started doing it in my head.


When I was stressed or nervous, counting helped. I had to do things in sets, repetition was good. Mom and Dad noticed and asked me about it, but I told them it was no big deal. I had Mom pack me a lunch. True, not many high schoolers took a packed lunch, but I was used to the organic food Dad cooked, he was the better cook of the two, and I was slightly skeptical of the processed stuff schools tried to pass off as food. I had a story all ready for anyone that asked. Allergies. Tell a person you have allergies and no further explanation was needed.


The bus pulled up, Mom luckily didn’t cry this time. “One…two…three…”

High school proved to be a bit more stressful. The classes were harder, and sometimes I struggled to get through the homework.


 
Dad would help when they saw I was getting particularly frustrated. 

The night before my first major test in Algebra I couldn’t sleep. The counting didn’t even help so I was up checking the sink and stove for leaks. My actions woke up Vor which woke up Mom.

“Honey, what are you doing? You should be in bed.”


“I…I just needed to make sure we didn’t have a gas leak. Mr. Davidson told us in Science that carbon monoxide poisoning could lead to death if the family didn’t have a dector which we don’t. I just needed to check,” I answered as I continued my task.

Mom had a worried look on her face when I finished. I knew the teachers in elementary school had talked to them about my ‘quirks’ but they didn’t seem concerned. Now, however, Mom did. I gave her a hug and kiss and a quick prank for good measure before going to bed, feeling calmer.


A few months later Mr. Davidson assigned us partners for a science project. I’d hoped I would be paired with either Kraig or Dax, but instead I was put with the new girl Claudia Galloway. We’d talked a little in the three weeks she’d been here since we had a few classes together.


She was hot and dressed differently than most of the girls in school with her combat boots and ripped jeans. Kraig and Dax gave me shit about how much I talked about her, like either of them could talk. I had to hear about their conquests, or wanna be conquests all the time. Sure I’d liked other girls before, but Claudia was different, edgy, and I liked that.

**A/N**

Since I was dreading the day Vor passed he was given the young again potion. I didn't know that was an option for pets since I've not really played with them so thanks again Vuneca for that tip!!!! 

18 comments:

  1. Great start to Matt's gen. :) I can see the poor kid is going to have a hard time at times. First, the pink wings, then high school being harder, and finally his besties picking on him for talking to and about Claudia, who seems different too. Life isn't going to be easy for someone with his quirks, but he comes from a strong, supportive family who loves him dearly. Looking forward to more.

    Also, so glad Vor will be around a long time yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. LOL the pink wings...I had a hard time trying to figure out his aura so just went with playful since he was pulling pranks all the time.

      His friends...boys will be boys and he has a fun set he hangs out with. Of course they have to give him a hard time about liking a girl, he'd done the same to them.

      He does have a few quirks and they are made worse by stress. His parents will help him as much as he'll allow.

      I'm glad Vor will be around as well.

      thanks for reading.

      Delete
  2. Pink wings! Hahaha. Maybe he and Peyton's brother should hang out? (Sorry, can't remember his name).
    Matt is very handsome! I think maybe we're all a little neurotic. (I count when I'm nervous....>_<) I am curious how that's going to effect him. Will it get worse or better?
    His lab partner is hot! Are you trying to get away from fairies already? ;-)
    I am so glad Vor got his young again potion! He is a BIG part of that family. It would be devastating to them if he died.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep pink wings. All those pranks he pulled as a kid came back on him LOL

      I am so pleased with how he's turned out so far. Jonas brought some amazing genes into the family so thank you again for allowing me to use him!!! I think we all have our quirks, guess you and Matt have the counting thing in common. It seems to be triggered by stress, so the more pressure he's under, the worse it could get.

      LOL...no, she's just one of the women that will come through his life. Besides I still have a 50% chance of having a fairy with him. I'm glad he got the potion too, I was dreading opening my save in fear of the reaper coming for him.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  3. I just finished reading the last three chapters and found some things I can relate to. It sound like perhaps he's OCD and I can't wait to see how you address this issue and/or other mental health issues. I loved how he commented on the fact he liked to bring his own organic lunch instead of eating the processed stuff that school has. My RL household is that way. I am glad the youth potion worked for Vor as your poor sims would have been very sad at his loss. Great update and can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay for catching up! He is a bit OCD needing order and such. I am working out how to deal with this and other things that will come up. LOL after putting my kids through school, I know exactly how horrific those lunches can be. hahaha Part of his OCD issues only want food from home.

      I'm happy Vor will be around too, I wasn't looking forward to him dying.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  4. I for one love that you do tackle the sensitive issues and you always seem to do them justice. As we see Matt is counting which helps him form a daily routine. I guess he needs to do this to keep his life in order which makes him feel safer. Not wanting the cafeteria food at school I can understand, if I remember correctly the food in school is not actually the most appetizing so he is right on that one. I do like his excuse to save his face, Allegies! No one can argue with that.

    Pink wings means playful but I can understand why a boy would cringe over pink, however he did look pretty playful with his friends and the prank on his mother. Very good choice.

    Claudia is very pretty and he seems to like her. :)

    Thank You Great Grandma Wind as none of us wanted to see Grim come to collect Vor, now we have him with us for a very long time to come :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I try to make sure they are handled well and not offensive. With the traits he got, I decided to work with them as best I could. His issues are mild for the most part (right now) and triggered mostly by stress. LOL the food...his parents use only fresh ingredients for the most part with Grace having the garden and Jonas running an organic food store. Allergies is a quick and easy explanation. :)

      LOL yeah...man I couldn't figure out what to do with his aura considering his traits so I went with playful since he pulled pranks all the time as a child.

      He does like Claudia. She's hot, and edgy and has certainly caught his eye. :) High school boys and their crushes.

      Yes we have Vor for a long time now! I am relieved about that.

      thanks for reading.

      Delete
  5. Well, well, Matt is off to a good start! ^^

    As I mentioned on the forum I'm fine with more sensitive issues, especially because they tend to make stories more interesting! Also I'd be a hypocrite if I wasn't since I addressed them in my rainbowcy ^^

    I like Claudia! She's a pretty one, it'll be interesting to get to know her :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.

      They do make things interesting and brings more realism to the stories. I figured most would be ok, but I like to give a warning anyway.

      She pretty and has really captured Matt's attention.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  6. The yavaris have churned out plenty of pink-winged fairies and the men eventually do very well for themselves. I think they suit him very well. Hooray for Vor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they have. I think Matt will do just fine with his pink wings. I was very excited about Vor!!! Was not looking forward to him dying.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  7. Great food for Vor :) Love him. He's a permanent member of this family.
    Matt is adorable. So sad that he is somewhat destined for problems. Should be interesting reading :)
    Maybe he can dye his pink wings? heh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well not permanent, unfortunately there isn't an age freeze potion for dogs, but this did reverse his age back to adult instead of elder. Matt is a cutie, but he rolled that neurotic trait, so gonna play that up in his gene.

      LOL nope no dying the wings.

      thanks for reading.

      Delete
  8. Yay! Vor gets to live longer, that made me so happy and I think was probably my favorite part in the whole chapter. Claudia looks interesting, I'm wondering if she's going to be good for Matt or if she's going to take him down a dark road.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep. I didn't know that was an option until Vuneca told me. Now I've bought him some more time because I was seriously scared each time I loaded the save.

      Claudia will put Matt through some changes for sure.

      thanks for reading.

      Delete
  9. Woot! Vor! Oh yeah! LOL.
    Awww, Matt has OCD. He seems to be fairly all right, despite the counting and the checking of the stove. He's got friends, and that's good. Oo lala, Claudia. Haha, she's definitely really cool looking, especially with the vampire touch. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vor became a big part of the family and we were all dreading that notice he'd passed on. This has bought him some more time!!

      Yep, Matt has a bit of OCD. He rolled the neurotic trait and that is my take on it. He has a mild case (in my head) so his issues don't keep him from being a 'normal' productive member of society.

      Claudia is very cool looking and different from the other girls in Barnacle Bay

      thanks for reading

      Delete