Friday, November 14, 2014

Going Solo: Grace Gen 4.28


Today my baby was growing up. I couldn't believe how the time had flown by. It seemed like only yesterday I was bringing Matthew home from the hospital and today he was turning 6. A big boy, going off to school in the fall. Growing up. Jonas and I decided to throw his party at the local candy store. Kids loved to hang out there to play games and have fun. Hope and Caleb couldn't make it out this time. Caleb's niece had been attacked and they were dealing with a family crisis. I felt bad for Starr. She was a nice girl, liked to have fun. I had an ache in my heart hearing what happened to her. I knew all too well how she was feeling.


The rest of the family was here to help us celebrate as was Wind who had been back to visit on several occasions. The party was a great success and everyone had fun.


Matt and Vor were as close as ever. Nearly every waking moment was spent playing together, well that was when Matt wasn't playing tricks on people. He was a bit of a prankster. Sometimes they were okay, other times, well he brought out the hot head in his father.I didn't mind too much, he was only being a kid.





A few months later, it was time for school. I got up early to make sure Matt had a good, hot breakfast, while Matt got up to make sure Vor had his morning meal.




Jonas had to hold me as I cried watching him get on the bus. I knew I couldn't keep him sheltered from the world forever, but it just felt like he was growing up too fast. Matthew was a smart boy, and did well in school, but Jonas and I would still help him with his homework sometimes.




We had a good routine, one would help, the other would cook dinner. Family meals was something we always made sure to do. Jonas' second store was doing as well as the first. On the weekends, he would take Matt with him and he'd spend the day helping to bag groceries or sweeping up the aisles. We may have been set financially, but we still wanted to instill in him a good sense of hard work. My parents did a good job not spoiling us, well Mom did, Dad spoiled us rotten, but we still grew up willing to work for what we wanted. Other than Erin who took advantage of all the spoiling Dad was willing to do. She was a good girl, with a strong head on her shoulders, she just needed to figure out how to put it to use. When she told us she was going on The One I thought she was crazy, but then I remembered how well it worked out for Hope and hoped it would be the same for her. Erin wasn't the only one my parents spoiled.




Matt had his own room at their house and he spent lots of time there. They'd bought him a tablet for his birthday and he loved that thing, always playing games or reading. For Halloween I think Mom gave him half the candy they'd bought.


 I told her she would be paying the dental bill for all the cavities. Matt was a great kid, had lots of friends and just like to have fun.



We did lots of things together as a family. I enjoyed spending time with my boys. The years passed and I was thankful for each one that still included Vor. My loyal companion was getting older, but wasn't ready to leave us yet. I feared the day it actually happened.




Matt aced all his classes and was on the honor roll every quarter. I couldn't have been more proud of him. His teachers expressed some concern over his little quirks. Having to wash his hands multiple times or have to always have exactly three pencils sitting on his desk at all times. Matt liked routine and order so Jonas and I weren't concerned. We hadn't been blessed with another child although we weren't doing anything to prevent it. At least not now, Jonas had been serious about not getting me pregnant again, but in the end he said he couldn't deny me something I wanted.


If it never happened, my life was not lacking. I loved my family and was more than thankful for what I had.

***A/N***

Grace is now at level 9 in her career. She needs nearly $56K to reach the top. Hopefully she'll get there by the time Matt is a YA or he'll be living at home for a while. LOL

My all my animal ages are set the same, 50 days. Vor is currently at 60 or so I think. I'm glad he's still hanging on!

Bonus shots.

Better shot of Matt who still looks a lot like his mother. I forgot to write down his traits. I know he was born with clumsy and neurotic, but I didn't write down the age up to child trait.


Grace 'cheating the system' didn't know fairies could do that, but she did.



Also while the family was at the festival Starr went into labor.


She and Boyd had a little boy. I forgot his name.




17 comments:

  1. Awww, great update. :) Matt is a cutie, and the family is adorable. So glad Vor is still hanging in there. Grace is going to be devastated when he goes, as is Matt.

    The gardener career is a killer. It's one that seems to take forever to get through. She'll do it though.

    As to cheating the system, I knew they could do that. LOL! I figured that out during my Supernatural LP. It's a cute interaction and they can come out with some cool stuff. :)

    Looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I just love them as a family. I'm glad he's holding on as well. The whole family will be devastated when he goes. It will be a very sad time in the the Solo house.

      I'm HATING this career!!!! The amounts needed are crazy, like really crazy high. Makes no sense. Hopefully she'll finish it off soon and it won't cut into Matt's gen too much as he'll be taking over next chapter.

      This is the first time I've played with fairies so I had no clue. It was funny to see that and that rock she came out with was worth quite a bit.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  2. Matt is such a cutie! Every time you post an update and I see the big fam pic over the couch I think WOW! I need to do that with my sims!

    Vor doesn't seem to want to leave his perfect little family. Perhaps a young again potion can be procured?....

    Very niceupdate. I hope you're having fun with fairies and I hope she gets to end of her LTW soon. Are you selling them at the store with the asp rewards that help?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, you need to have Starr come do some family shots for you. I love having family photos around the house. Adds that extra touch of personalization and I hope I can figure out how to keep them on the next move.

      I didn't know the dogs could use the young again potion. I'll have to look into it next time I'm in game.

      I haven't played the fairy aspect of Jonas and Grace much so I'll really start to get into it with Matt. I am selling at the consignment shop with the LTR but her garden is small so she doesn't make that much per take still. It will be a while.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  3. What a sweet update this was. Such a loving family and Grace is so happy and I am loving the fact that she has her happily ever after. Davis and Cora spoiling the grandchildren just like I knew they would and little Matt being a boy and getting into such mischief.

    When I saw Vor I got very worried because I already knew he had to be up there in age. That is going to be a tough one.

    56K is going to be tough especially now that I see winter must be around the corner. Hopefully Grace will get through it quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...we are in transition now. So just get to see her and the family and her happily ever after. She deserved it and has come a long way. Cora and Davis are always spoiling the grandkids. They have the time and money to blow on them. Matt is a little prankster and like to have fun.

      I get nervous loading that save. :( Not looking forward to that at all.

      Well I started dwindling down her garden to just the basement plants and the greenhouse plants in preparation. That way she can still earn money but it will be tough.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  4. Oh god, I don't think I'm ready for Vor to go, either :( Poor Grace, it's always so horrible when a pet dies, and he's been with them for such a long time! It'll be hard on Matt, I hope he'll cope well with his first encounter with death :(

    It'll be fun watching Matt grow up ^^ Sounds like he'll set a few traps here and there, and given his OCD he'll do them extra carefully, too!! They'll never suspect a thing! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not either. I get scared every time I load their save. :( I haven't really played with a pet like I did Vor, he's just as special as my heirs but no way to turn him into a fairy. Vuneca mentioned the young again potion so gonna see if that's an option for him, if so Vor will be saved! Otherwise it's gonna be a really sad day in the Solo household soon.

      Matt is going to be a bit of a prankster and I am playing into his neurotic trait he was born with for the OCD. Should be fun. :)

      thanks for reading

      Delete
    2. It'll be a asp.reward of vors. Hopefully he has enough points.

      Delete
  5. Now if Matt rolls the Childish trait next... He and Ava would have two traits in common lol. Looks like Matt will be a fun ocd/prankster in the future. After reading threw the comments and the forum. I am glad Vor will be with us a bit longer! I wasn't wanting him to go yet either : ( . It's awesome to see Cora and Davis around spoiling their grandbabies : ). I hope you get threw that gardener career with Grace, it sounds like a tough one! Little Matt looks like he's growing up nicely. Great chapter can't wait for the next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...well we'll just have to see what the dice gives him. I'm trying to roll so I get more random traits and not just pick the same ones each time. The shy and loner ones for Grace were hard and this eccentric and neurotic aren't gonna be easy either. I might just pick his last trait to help balance him out a bit LOL

      Cora and Davis live to spoil those grandkids! And the grandkids enjoy being spoiled. The kids all know it's a lost cause attempting to reign in their parents so they just let it go and hope they can balance the spoiling with the every day parenting.

      The gardener career has been murder for me. The amounts needed to get to the next level are insane. Especially since Grace has a small garden since she's the only one doing it. Her harvests aren't large so it takes longer. When you are ready for that career, using Grandpa's Grove or the harvester will be a bigger help. I think also Sweetnightingale said the green dragon will harvest if you have Dragon Valley. Grace still does all her gardening by hand. I don't even let Jonas help.

      Yeah, thanks to Vuneca's suggestion, Vor has been saved. Now just need to figure out how to work that into the story.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  6. Matt looks like such a fun kid! He looks like he's the type of kid that gets along with everyone. Grace should call Starr and offer some tips as to what helped herself pull herself out of the pit. She could offer her some kind words at the least.

    I do like that Starr and Boyd hooked up in your game, lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is fun. He has an easy going personality and loves playing tricks. I'm sure Grace did reach out to Starr. She understands how it feels to be attacked and have your trust shattered.

      Starr and Boyd...those two have a rocky relationship in my game. One minute they are exchanging heated words, the next they are lovey dovey.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  7. Starr's little boy is cute, I love his glowing eyes. I hope Vor doesn't go soon. I really like him, I almost wish he had puppies so his memory could live on in his descendants.
    And I hope they have more babies eventually. I bet they'll be just as cute as Matt turned out to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was funny Starr hooked up with Boyd because in Piazzagirl's story she is married to Boyd's son Nick. Vor getting old is very sad. He's the first dog I've really played with so I'm as attached to him as I am the sims.

      I won't let them have more babies right now. Their house is small, like really small so it barely fits the 3 of them plus Vor. Once Matt takes over, they will be allowed all the babies they want.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  8. LOL, I was going to say, Hope found Caleb on The One, so at least for this family, that show has a good track record so far. XD Starr got attacked too? WTF, there's an abundance of psychos that like to attack this family. Sheesh. *slaps whoever did it*
    Matt's growing up nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, Hope and Caleb are very much in love. That show did work out for them. :)

      Oh yeah, once you get to Piazzagirl's story you'll find out more about it. It wasn't the same sort of attack Grace experienced. I told you in the thread, PG has the mob angle going in her story and Starr's attack had to do with that. That guy needs more than a slap too. LOL

      thanks, he's a good mix of his parents

      thanks for reading

      Delete