Friday, March 6, 2015

Gen. 5.7-Matthew




It was senior year! I was very excited to be finishing up. My case load was pretty easy this last year so it left me time to do more exciting things. My buddy Levi and I had a war going trying to outdo each other with pranks.


He was pissed when he ended up with pink hair for a week, but he got me back by breaking into my room and putting the entire football team’s dirty socks and practice jerseys on my bed. I had a serious freak out moment that night as he stood there laughing his ass off. Luckily he was too drunk to realize I wasn’t acting just for dramatics.



After that, I sorta calmed down with the pranks. We still played around, but it was milder. Outside of school work, and the guys, I still hung out with Kia from time to time. We’d grown closer as friends since she came home with me after Feast Day break. She had also accompanied me home for Snowflake Day break. Mom and Dad got a little worried when she had one of her forgetful freak outs, and Dad again tried to talk to me about her aura situation. He was concerned there was something off about her. I admit she was a little odd at times, but so was I, I just learned to hide it better. Well most of the time that was.


Home life had changed a bit. Mom and Dad moved. They were having triplets so that was going to require a bigger house. There was a plot of land across the street that had been empty as long as Mom had lived in our little house. Mom wasn’t really keen on the idea of moving into town. Dad’s family owned a house on Cliff Road, but they both wanted a place that was theirs. It took Dad a while, but he managed to track down the owners of the land and they agreed to sale it to them. They got to build the house from the ground up so that it was exactly how they wanted it. It was strange to know that when I was going home, it wasn’t going to be to my childhood home, well not if I wanted to sleep under the same roof as my parents. Mom was keeping her old house. She didn’t want anyone else living in the place she’d had so many great memories, and I was happy to hear that. It was small and not fancy by any means, but it was where I grew up. It was my home and it was good to know that it would always be there.  Because of the building and mom’s pregnancy, my summer wasn’t as relaxed as I’d hoped it would be.


It did help that Kia came home with me for a few weeks. She had some time before her summer session started and she said she rather hang with me instead of going to see her father. Mom was on strict bedrest, being pregnant with triplets took a worse toll on her body than when she was pregnant with me. Dad and I played servant to her, Kia helped as well. I also spent more time at the store because Dad would rather be at home making sure Mom was alright. I didn’t mind time at the store since Mom kept asking me about my relationship with Kia. No matter how any times I told her we were just friends, she kept insisting I be careful because she felt Kia wanted more.


Mom went into labor early and it was crazy to see Dad look so worried. He was like a totally different man. Frantic and nervous, not the confident strong man I’d grown up with. In the end it all worked out. I was a big brother of three baby sisters. Lois, Lori, and Lola. They were so tiny since they came early, but kinda cute in an old lady, small person, wrinkly kinda a way.



Mom and Dad were good about flooding my phone with pictures of the girls while I was at school. Occasionally they even remembered to send me one or two shots of Klutz who had grown quickly. Another good reason for them moving, having 3 large dogs in our tiny old house was not ideal.

With the school year barreling towards the end, I started making plans for my relocation to Riverview. The sooner the better so I could give myself time to adjust. I’d already met with the staff at the store and it was running well. I hadn’t taken over all of the duties, but I was doing a lot more for all three locations since Dad had his hands full with the babies. Grandpa even spent some time helping out when he could. He may be a sports team owner, but he still had to be a good business man, so some of what he knew could be applied to the store’s operations.


To kick off finals Levi decided to throw a ‘we are almost out of here’ party. The keg and liquor was flowing, some of the chem students had teamed up with the botany students and the product of their collaboration was some herb that made the users extra…frisky. I liked to party like the next guy, but alcohol was all the mind altering I needed so I stayed away from the herbs. People were coming and going, hell I don’t even think I knew half of the kids that were here. One girl stripped down and started streaking, some guys were taking video, she’d have regrets in the morning. The place was crowded and it was starting to make me nervous. I needed to get some air. I wasn’t feeling so well, I think that last drink Levi had given me was some strange concoction he’d just ‘invented’ and it was not sitting right.


“Matt?”

I look up to see Kia. She had a cup in her hand, had she been here for a while? I don’t remember seeing her, but with all the people she could have been here who knows. One thing I did know was when she smiled at me she was the most beautiful person I’d ever seen.

“Hey, Kia.”

I took a step and stumbled. Kia tried to catch me, but my body weight sent us both tumbling down. We both started laughing.


Her eyes sparkled in the moonlight and her smell…she smelled like fresh baked cookies. Or maybe I was just hungry, it was hard to tell.

“You’re pretty,” I said before leaning down to kiss her.

20 comments:

  1. Yay!!! You're back! I sure missed this story. :)

    Oh, Matty-Matt, don't you know that things can happen when you're drunk? Things you will later regret. Oh, this doesn't sound good at all. If they both remember what happened, I think there's going to be a lot of fallout.

    Grace and Jonas sure do have their hands full with triplets. Wowza! And three girls at that! They'd better watch out 'cause Big Brother Matt isn't going to let any boys near them. LOL! Between him, Jonas, and Grandpa Davis, the convent could be the next stop.

    Loved this chapter and can't wait to see more. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels good to be back. :)

      Well, yes Matt knows bad things can happen when drunk, but he's never gotten that wasted before. His grandpa can tell him about what happens when one drinks too much and lets common sense fly out the window. LOL Next chapter is the 'morning after'

      They will have their hands full. Triplet girls! When Jonas decides to knock is wife up again, he decide to make up for loss time for all those years he told her no. hahaha. You are right about the men in that family. Those girls have too many that will be ready to scare away all the boys. Let's not forget Uncle Caleb carries a gun on top of that. hahahah. Yeah, they won't be dating anytime soon.

      I'm glad you enjoyed it.

      Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  2. Looks like they had one really wild party going on and Matt I think you had way too much of something. Whatever those botany students had it was strong stuff and I think mixing it with alcohol is not such a good idea. I'm sure there will be many party goers feeling regrets in the morning along with quite a few nasty hangovers.

    Matt seems to be a good friend to Kia, he still taking her home for the holidays. I do think he should listen to his father about the aura thing, but Matt is sweeping that under the rug. It is nice to see that they are good friends.

    Oh well Davis will never catch a break, he is doomed to have daughters, granddaughters and a whole family of females for him to worry about. Triplets and all three girls! Davis will schedule his next nervous breakdown for their teenage years. Congrats to Grace and Jonas on the babies and I love their names. I can't wait to see them grow up as I am sure they are going to be beauties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His buddies know how to throw a good party, that's for sure. When you mix botany and chem studies together, the result is anything but good. hahaha. Add to that alcohol and you have a receipe for disaster. It's going to be a bad morning after for quite a few of them.

      Matt is a good friend to Kia. Her only friend sadly. :( She doesn't have a good relationship with her father so being welcomed (so to speak) into Matt's family has been huge for her. Matt doesn't want to dwell on the bad since he's a little odd himself, but he should pay more attention to the warning from Jonas.

      LOL nope Karma is still kicking Davis' ass. hahahaha Jonas hasn't had to experience the worry of raising daughters yet, but he's about to get a crash course. He can barely say no to Grace, he's gonna be fighting a lot of losing battles with the triplets. LOL Davis I'm sure has already started his nervous breakdown the moment he heard he got granddaughters. They will be spoiled and well protected. The game named them, well I changed the last one. I had gotten Lola, Lori, and Vanessa (I think) and changed it to Lois so she'd fit with the rest of her sisters.

      Thanks for reading

      Delete
  3. Great chapter!
    Never trust botany students and their herbs. Hopefully Matt won't do something crazy while he's under the influence.

    Congrats on the triplets! All girls too! I'm sure they'll be beauties when they grow up.

    PS. I laughed so hard when I saw that Grace and Jonas moved into the Pham house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yep those botany students are up to no good. Let's hope Matt doesn't do anything crazy, but when you are under the influence, common sense goes out the window. :(

      Thanks! Yes I was shocked to get that pop up saying they had triplets and all girls. I can't wait to see them as they age.

      LOL oh is it. LOL I just picked one I thought would fit their lifestyle well. I did some redecorating of course, but left the outside as it. They have a nice garden and greenhouse out back now. I needed a reason for them to be in a different house since I moved them, but for story purposes they still live in Barnacle Bay. Their house was too small for triplets though so either way they would have to move.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  4. Yay Triplets!! I am so happy they had more babies!

    Wow Matt. I hope it wasn't the 'concoction' speaking when you kissed Kia. I think they are adorable together but I am still worried about her issues. Whats up with her?

    Anyway. So happy you got an update out. no more writer's block!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I am too. The whole family wasted no time in starting to populate Riverview. LOL Every couple in game is pregnant.

      They are cute together, but he's kept her in the friend zone. He tries to brush off Jonas' warnings, but something deep down keeps him from getting romantically involved with her and that could be it. The next few chapters will start to reveal her issues.

      It felt good to put out an update. I'm working on chapter 8 so hopefully it'll be up on Sunday.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  5. oh Matt....I am not sure but something is really off w/ Kia. Maybe it will work out but hope he's careful...I can't wait to see how the triplets age up and the rest of Matt's journey as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Kia does seem to be a bit odd at times. He's a good friend to her, something she needs. I'm eager to see the triplets age up as well. Matt's journey will have lots of ups and downs.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
    2. I really hope that things don't end badly with Kia as well, it seems like they would work really well. I can't believe they had triplets though! I'm so happy for them.

      Delete
    3. Yeah, things with Kia and Matt are gonna be a little awkward for a while now. :( They have become close friends and this is not a good thing since one is happy about that step and one is regretting it.

      Yep triplets, and girls. Jonas and Grace have their hands full.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  6. Oh,the pranks... so much fun and anxiety to be had. The dirty laundry picture looks like a nightmare. I could imagine it being horrifying for Matt.
    Triple the trouble! I enjoy the other parent freak out action when mum goes into labor. I think it's cute. I am also glad Jonas has gotten to have so much joy in this life. Grace, too. They've really been redeemed from their tragedies.

    I hope Matt doesn't get sick on Kia! Too much juice and a leaned-over position spells disaster for me. I hope they don't do something they regret, and if something does happen, that Kia doesn't have a memory lapse freak out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Matt is a prankster after all and it's college so... That dirty laundry thing really got to him and he had a major freak out although his friend just thought he was over reacting.

      Yes triplets!!! Who would have thought that would happen. They don't have fertility treatment and got pregnant on their own so who knew. LOL Considering how bad Grace's pregnancies were, it was only fitting for Jonas to freak out a bit, but in the end it all worked out. They are a great couple and I just love them dearly! They both have overcome a lot to find happiness.

      LOL that would be sooo bad if he puked on her. Something he wouldn't be able to live down I think. It would be bad if Kia freaked out if they do end up crossing a line and she forgets.

      thanks for reading.

      Delete
  7. "You're pretty." Lol! I love it because it shows how simple-minded he became with the potion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yep. He's pretty 'dumbed' down right now.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  8. The hell of a party lol
    I wonder what is going to happen, if Matt will kiss or vomit on her (since he was sick lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yeah. Those kids know how to party for sure. Let's hope he doesn't vomit on her. That would be sooo gross! Kissing is preferred.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  9. OMG triplets. LOL, I bet Grace is super happy about that. XD
    I wonder what Kia is thinking, mainly because she's so unpredictable. *sigh* Levi, giving Matt something that is a concoction rather than just alcohol. Matt looks a lot like Davis in that picture where he is holding the beer cup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha yep, triplets!! Jonas and Grace are both very excited. Davis not so much considering they are girls. He has to start cleaning that shot gun again. LOL

      Well Kia has had a crush on Matt so she's probably thinking she finally got that kiss. :D Levi, yeah it would seem like he did something to Matt's drink. They prank each other often, so this could be part of that.

      Well Pops did tell him to party and have fun, so Matt is taking his advice. :)

      thanks for reading

      Delete