Friday, January 17, 2014

Going Solo: Gen. 2.2-Kerri


I was enjoying college life. I was still getting stares and people would take pictures, but I had gotten better at ignoring it. Although I was there to learn, I also wanted to experience all college had to offer, so that meant accepting a few of those party invites that came my way almost instantly. Since I was pursuing a fine arts degree, I spent some of my free time still painting, plus it helped to relax me as well.


My dorm sadly was far away from all of my classes (really bad planning on my part) so I was going to really be in shape from all the walking, well mostly running since I always failed to leave on time. I hadn't really made any friends because I was suspicious that they only hoped to get stuff from my mom, pictures and such. I'd already been approached by one girl named Tiffany.


When Shasha came up to me after class, I was expecting the same thing, but she wanted to compliment me on the assignment. We started talking about the professor, and the basic crap he had us painting to 'hone' our skills.




We started hanging out after that, helping each other with assignments and just having fun. We'd been hanging out for a few months when she shocked me one day. She was getting ready to head back to her house after a study session and she kissed me.


Boyd was the only person I'd kissed or done anything with and I never looked at girls that way, but kissing her was nice. Once I got over the shock. After that she smiled and left, leaving me there confused. The next day at class, it was hard to pay attention, but I managed to at least stay awake unlike some of my classmates.



Shasha wasn't in this class and I was happy about that, I wasn't sure I was ready to face her yet. She sent me a few texts over the next few weeks, which I ignored. It was wrong and I didn't want to hurt her feelings, I just needed some time to figure things out. I had been ignoring the party invites, but decided I needed to get out.





Boy did I let loose, I didn't even mind when people hounded me of autographs. Feeling a bit braver after all the juice I'd consumed, I texted Shasha to let her know I was sorry for ignoring her. I told her I hoped she wasn't mad, that I just needed time to figure things out. She was happy to hear from me and said she understood. We made plans to get together over the weekend. I  liked Boyd a lot, I wouldn't call it love, but we had a connection. Even with his mother not approving of me still, but I liked being around Shasha as well. It was all very confusing.



Either way that night I just wanted to go sleep off all the juice only to find my roommates passed out in my bed. I had no choice but to climb into one of the other empty beds in the place. The next day I was tired from a bad night's sleep and a hangover and fell a sleep in class.



With people sleeping in my room, the kitchen always being a mess, I was really wishing I'd taken dad up on his offer to buy me a house to stay in. However when I texted him or mom, I never made mention of this. I wanted to still enjoy my time at college and didn't think I'd get the same effect if I lived alone off campus.



Shasha and I did meet up to study, I was worried there would be some awkwardness, but there wasn't any. Over all I was really enjoying my college experience. I told mom she really missed out by not going, but she reminded me that school was never easy for her and wanted to be done.


Yep, things were going just great until the night of the fire. Some idiot had started making popcorn the old fashion way, but walked away from the stove. Luckily the damage was only minor, but the administration was not happy at all with having to replace the stove. Everyone in the dorm had to sit through a two hour course about fire and cooking safety.



**A/N--so Kerri is painting every chance she gets, but since she can't sell them while at Uni and get credit for them towards her career while away she's saving them in her inventory. Neat fact, they appreciate in value while they are sitting in there. Also since it's been a while between when I took these shots and when I started the write up I don't recall where she was in her career. I lost the notebook that had my notes so I'm making things up as I look at the pictures. :)**

14 comments:

  1. oooh! She's having a little confusion with Shasha there! Looks like she's making the most out of her college experience too! I wonder if she'll go back to Boyd after being away from him for so long now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yeah just a tad bit of confusion. She is enjoying college life, just like she wanted. As for Boyd, well he was/is her first love and they keep in touch so anything is possible.

      Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  2. WHOA! Shasha. (I have perpetually mistyped her name as Sasha out of more familiarity with that name, but oh well, I know my mistake.) That was DEFINITELY unexpected! I have that "I kissed a girl" song in my head now. Thanks. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL it's ok, I mistype it too. On the thread where this challenge started, one of the ladies says that EA stars her name out on the forums. They give her that name yet they think it spells something bad hahahaha....gotta love EA

      Shasha will be an interesting storyline to follow...and sorry that song is in your head now

      thanks for reading.

      Delete
  3. Ohhh looks like the unexpected approach of Shasha put her life upside down. I'm sure she'll clear things out.
    I'm going check the new update right now! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yeah those pesky townies messing things up. :P Kerri will have to figure out what she wants to do now. This as unexpected for her.

      Thanks for reading. :)

      Delete
  4. That sneaky Shasha! Hmmm. Interested to see where that will go. I hope she isn't too conflicted over it or lose too much sleep. DARN THOSE CARELESS ROOM MATES! Always leaving things on the stove to burn, and leaving bad food out on counters. I'm sure they're breaking toilets and letting them flood the bathroom, as well. Roommates drove me crazy, good luck doing 3 degrees if you have to put up with those annoying buggers.
    Also... I spy Mahmoud! I'd recognize that face (and electric yellow hair) anywhere! ;)
    P.S. I LOVE that outfit... I use it in my games regularly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Mahmoud he was fangirling over Kerri in that shot LOL

      Yep Sha was a sneaking one indeed. Kerri will have to make some choices and see what she wants out of life. Sha is a good friend to her though so hopefully it'll work out.

      The roommate, sleeping in her bed, burning stuff, making a mess. They really are a pain!

      and thanks...the formal wear one? It's cute and I like it

      Delete
  5. Hmmm.... Boyd won't be able to compete if Kerri pursues other choices.
    She may be smart and may be talented, but she's playing dangerously with all of those parties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what he was worried about, but he didn't expect competition from a woman.

      She is trying to cut loose and have a little fun while at college... that's what you're supposed to do right?

      Delete
  6. Oooh, I didn't know that paintings increased in value if they just sit in your inventory! A very handy piece of info indeed! :D
    It's nice to see her enjoying herself so much! It's interesting that she's confused about her feelings towards Sasha, especially after she had already been together with Boyd. I wonder if she's bi?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...finding out all sorts of tidbits as I play this challenge.

      She is enjoying college and being out of the spotlight. She is a quiet girl that doesn't want any part of that. Sha does cause her a bit of confusion. She never expected to encounter that so it will be interesting to see how she handles it.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  7. Well, Kerri looks like she's enjoying college life. Haha, I thought it was kind of annoying that she told her mom she missed out because I agree with Ansley, more school just isn't some people's cup of tea. I went and hated every second of it, LOL, so I guess Kerri saying that just rubbed me the wrong way cause it reminds me of the wierd looks I get when people don't understand how I could hate such a "wonderful opportunity." It's just a matter of perspective, and not everyone gets the same experience out of college. I am however, glad that Kerri is enjoying herself.
    Shasha is an interesting girl, LOL, I wonder if Kerri swings that way, or if she just didn't know what was happening. XD I love how paintings appreciate while sitting in inventory. When my Sims paint duplicates, I always sell the oldest copy because it's always valued more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is enjoying college life. She wants to study, but she's not ruling out fun either.

      Oh sorry. College isn't for everyone but Kerri and Ansley have two very different views on life. Kerri is very much that bookworm that loved learning whereas Ansley struggled. She really did in the previous challenge I had her featured in, she was the first sim I'd had that never reached A in school. She did all her homework and such, but only got to a B it was crazy. Kerri doesn't hold it against Ansley for hot having gone to college, that statement was more towards the parties and fun aspect of things Kerri was experiencing. Ansley loves a good party. :)

      Sha is very interesting. Kerri is at college to 'experience' life so she's doing that. LOL The kiss was unexpected but she didn't hate it. ;) I never knew they did that until this challenge since the game wouldn't let me sell them while she was there. It is a handy tip for sure. :)

      thanks for reading

      Delete