Friday, January 10, 2014

Going Solo: Gen 2.1-Kerri


Now that mom and Lenny were engaged, the 'spark' seemed to return to their relationship. Not that it ever really left, but, well let's just say it didn't matter that our house wasn't small. Too keep my mind off what they were doing, I texted Boyd often. He would come by after work and keep me 'company'. I liked being with Boyd.


He was a total opposite of me, he was more the loner bad-boy type and I was your straight laced bookworm. But we got along. He even talked me into going to clubs, I wasn't really of age, but with his encouragement, I used the fame of being Ansley Gruber's daughter to get in without ID checks.


We didn't, or I didn't drink, much but it was fun to dance and hang out. Boyd was a little bummed with me leaving for Uni soon, but we spent my last day together. He was worried I'd find some brainy guy that enjoyed the same things and forget about him.


I assured him that wouldn't be the case. I liked that he and I were different, it made life more interesting. I just wished his mom liked me.



The next morning I packed my bags and headed out to the shuttle. Mom wanted to drive me, but I didn't want to arrive in a limo. I wanted my experience to be about me, not who my mother was. It was the same reason I opted to stay in the dorms instead of renting a private house.






I wanted to meet people and experience the college life like any other normal freshman. Once I got settled, I wrote Boyd a love letter telling him how much I missed him already and I called Mom to let her know I had arrived.



Afterwards I met some of my roommates then headed to the student center for first day orientation. I dealt with a few whispers and heard the clicking of cellphone cameras but tried to ignore it. I did have one pushy guy ask me for my autograph.






I wasn't the famous one, but instead of coming off as a total b*tch my first day, I signed anyway. I hoped once my 'newness' wore off I wouldn't continue to be harassed, even if from a distance.


***and so begins Kerri's gen. The goals for this gen are LTW-Major Master and career Painter. She is already level 7 of the painter career because she started working as a teen. Getting through 3 majors is going to be a much bigger challenge for me. It puts a damper on the story because there is only so much she can do while at Uni to make it interesting, but I will try.***

17 comments:

  1. Omg, you're already on the 21 generation! That's lots of work, I must go back and check all the chapters!
    Kerri looks really pretty and she hadles well her mother's fame.
    Major Master is a hard path, as far as I remember, she'll have to come back to the uni at least once more. But I have no doubt she'll manage it!
    Good luck!!
    Btw, you're a great storyteller. I love the vocabulary you use, looks very natural!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL 21...yeah I wish. That would have been a major accomplishment. Let's just hope I can make it past gen 2. :)

      Kerri did turn out well. I'm always nervous using townies, not sure what the genes will give me, but Matt Hamming worked out ok. :) She really tries to stay away from the spotlight, but it's hard having famous parents.

      She will have to earn 3 degrees so that's 2 more times at Uni. :( Might gloss over the other two since there is only so much I can do with Uni.

      Aww...thanks! :D I've grown thanks to writing sim stories. When I look back at my early chapters of my other stories I want to bury them away.

      Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  2. I think it's because Blogger makes you scroll to the top of the screen when you click "comment" or "reply". It's been acting funny with me ever since I came home from California. It's being pretty cooky. I'm wondering if there was some update while we were away.

    And oh yeah "Test"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for testing it out. Not sure what's going on, but it seems to be working now. :)

      Delete
  3. Blogger hasn't been acting weird for me. Hm.

    Anyway, there's LOADS of drama there at university as long as she gets out of her dorm every once in a while! Donny has straight A's and we know he's not staying at home every day... and night.
    Of course, this is Kerri, not Donny, and she probably has slightly better morals, plus she promised Boyd (who has a scary mother) that she'd be true to him. I wonder if he'll be true to her or instead go and party with another girl, assuming she'll be doing the same. I mean, what if he thinks he should "strike first" so that he doesn't get hurt when he assumes she does/will. Am I making any sense?

    This is going to be fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay!! It can be moody at times.

      There can be drama if I can think up some :P. I have the first 4 chapters written out so working on it. Don't worry she won't be studying the whole time, she does want to experience college life. :)

      LOL slightly better than Donny with the morals...um...let's hope so. :) But we'll have to wait and see. She does have Boyd (LOL she is very scary looking) so hopefully she won't fall in love with some brainy guy like he worried about. And hopefully he'll be faithful to her as well while she's away. And yes you are making perfect sense. :)

      I hope, I'm trying to make it interesting and the game has helped out with some things I didn't see coming.

      Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  4. Yeah! 2nd gen! I love Uni, it was fun when I took Sergio through but I just hate the recycled sims. It's a lot of fun while there though, the Master LTW could be fun though! I wonder if Ansley will go to any Uni parties heh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep made it to gen 2!!! That is big for me. The recycled sims do suck. I will have to make sure she interacts with a different bunch when she returns so it doesn't feel like the same ones. :)

      This challenge is making me play LTW's I would have avoided otherwise so should be fun to see what happens.

      thanks for reading.

      Delete
  5. How did I miss all these updates! SORRY!!!
    Wow, Boyd's mother looks like a meanie. Major master... yikes! It took me forever to get thru Uni.. good luck to Kerri!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL no worries. Yeah Elvira is kinda mean and always has a mean look on her face especially when she interacts with Kerri. :(

      Yep...gotta get through these. I'm not looking forward to all that time in Uni, but it must be done.

      Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  6. Poor Boyd. What a nasty looking Mom he has!
    I hope she doesn't find someone she likes better, but, she is young and Boyd may not always be a good thing, judging by going to clubs and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elivra....every time she's around Kerri she's frowning :(

      Kerri is a quiet girl and since Boyd found her, she's not likely to go out looking to date others, she's all about the books.

      Delete
  7. Yay, I've finally gotten around to starting the second generation!! :D I hope Kerri will get on well at university :) Boyd's mum seems... kinda scary, actually oO I wonder what she thinks of Kerri?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. fun :) Hope you enjoy Kerri's gen.

      Boyd's mom is very scary. Those eyes of hers, plus EA made her very mean looking. It's crazy.

      We'll find out her feelings on Kerri in a few chapters.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  8. Ooh, Major Master. That one sounded like quite a difficult one to write a story around, just because of all the time at university, but anything's doable if you put your mind to it, right? XD Since you got through the generation, I'm guessing you figured it out.
    Oh ok, so my vampire guess was half right, Boyd's mom is a vampire. That explains why I thought Boyd looked like a vampire. I wonder why she doesn't like Kerri, since Kerri seems to be a 'good girl,' as far as like studies hard, and stays out of trouble.
    That's cool that Kerri wants to make a name for herself rather than riding on her mom's coattails. Very admirable. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, all the time at Uni is a challenge. There is only so much you can do there since it's the basic same thing over and over. I think it turned out pretty well since I found a focus outside of her studies. :)

      Yeah, Like I said before, Boyd is a vampire, son of the infamous Elvira Slayer. We'll find out more why she doesn't like Kerri later in the story.

      Kerri hasn't been a fan of the fame that's her parents thing. She's quiet girl that just wants to lead the simple life.

      thanks for reading

      Delete