Friday, August 14, 2015

Gen. 5.15-Matthew


A chilly breeze blew causing Kia to tighten her arm around mine and I glanced down at her.

“How are you feeling?”

I wasn’t going to attend the lighting of the tree in town square, but Kia insisted on us attending with the rest of the family despite the fact she hadn’t been feeling well.

“I’m okay. I think he’s gone to sleep or at the very least he’s stopped kicking the hell out of my insides.” Right after the words were out of her mouth, she grabbed her side and let out a long breath. “Or not.”

“Maybe we should go back to the house so you can rest. It’s cold out here and if Cameron insists on practicing his soccer moves, you should at least be warm and comfortable.”


I ran my hand across her belly and could feel the very active thumps. Kia had about two and half more weeks before she was due, but he wasn’t being kind in the last few days. Between her constant back pain that had gotten worse today and Cameron’s increased activity, Kia was having a rough go of things. I tried to pamper her as much as I could, but nothing seemed to help.

“No, I don’t want you to miss out on your family thing because of me,” she replied, frowning at me. “It’s all you guys talked about at dinner and you have to see your sisters with Santa for the first time.”


I turned my attention back to the rest of our group. Pops and Gi-Gi walked a little ways ahead of us, cuddled up like a young couple very much in love. Mom had Lois and Lori in the stroller while Dad tried to keep Lola from wiggling out of his arms. Since they’d become mobile, keeping up with them was hard. It seemed they each went in different directions at the same time. It made Feast Day dinner a hectic affair since two of them learned to unbuckle the highchair strap and would try to take flight. I laughed thinking about the poor guy playing Santa when those three got to him.

“We’ll stay for a little while, but you have to let me know if you start feeling worse.”

Stretching up on her toes, Kia gave me a quick kiss. “I will, I promise.”


We made our way over to where the family had claimed a spot. We were lucky it wasn’t too busy yet, but that would change once the sun started to go down.

“‘Att,” Lola said as wobbled over to me with her arms up. She had decided that the letter M was not part of my name. It was strange, she could say mom, hell she even said milk, but she’d settled on ‘Att for me no matter how many times we tried to correct her.


Scooping her up, I instantly gave her tickles which sent her into a fit of giggles. I wasn’t as nervous holding them now that they were bigger. At first it was strange to think I had sisters that were so much younger than me, but in the end I think it worked out well. I’m sure grown up me appreciated them a lot more than teenage me probably would have. Plus before we moved, Mom and Dad made sure to let me keep them as much as possible. Practice makes perfect they’d said, really I think they just wanted a few quiet nights to themselves. I didn’t mind though and Kia needed the practice more than I did. She was, and still is at times, very nervous around them.


I looked over to where Kia sat and laughed when I saw Lori mimicking Kia’s actions.

“Which way is the restrooms?” Kia asked, directing her question to Mom.

“Just over there,” Mom answered.

Pops went over to help Kia up, while Gi-Gi picked up Lori before taking Lola out of my arms. Mom grabbed Lois and the diaper bag and the whole group followed behind Kia towards the bathrooms.


At first I thought it was odd considering the girls were given fresh diapers about 30 minutes ago before we all left the house, but then I realized they were going to make sure Kia didn’t get lost. Yesterday she’d wandered off while they were at the store and last night she’d driven off while I was in the shower. The cops found her sitting on the side of the road in tears. Since my car was still registered to Pops, they called him after running the plates and he and Gi-Gi brought her home.

“How soon will she start her treatment?” Dad asked after they’d gotten out of earshot.


I shrugged. “Her doctors want to put her on the meds right away, but Kia is insisting on breastfeeding, so she wants to wait.”

Last month when we met with her doctors again, Kia had declined the surgery. She wasn’t comfortable with them drilling into her head and I didn’t blame her. The idea of that scared the shit out of me, but I also was scared to watch her when she slipped away. It seemed to be getting harder to bring her back when she had her episodes, but I wouldn’t push her to do a surgery like that. She had agreed at first to go on the experimental med combo, but now she was backing out of that. We’d had some pretty bad fights about it, but again in the end, I couldn’t force feed her the meds so I was stuck following her lead.


 “Do you think that’s wise?” Pops asked.

“No, but what can I do? She’s been reading all these pregnancy books and does some online pregnancy group thing and they all say that breast milk is best for baby and she won’t listen to reason on what may be best for her. I even tried to tell her what was best for our baby was having a mom that wouldn’t forget who he was. That didn’t go over well.”

“Open mouth, insert foot,” Dad said patting me on the shoulder.


 That was probably one of the worst fights we’d had recently. I was pissed when she said she wanted to wait. She’d talked and talked about being scared of something happening, she was having more bad days, yet she wanted to delay her treatment over something as trivial as what Cameron would eat. When all was said and done, I ended up apologizing and not pushing the subject no matter how much I disagreed with her decision.

Pops took a seat beside me, “Maybe have one of the women talk to her about it. Both your mom and grandmother do have a little experience in this department; they may be able to explain things to her in a way that she’d take better.”


I nodded my agreement. I’d thought about bringing the subject up again, but I never would. I tried to keep the peace as best I could with us because the stress was really getting to me. I was trying, but the more I did, the more I felt like I was starting to drown. I hated that feeling. I hated being on edge all the time and my normal coping devices were not always helpful.

“Pops you changed Gi-Gi right?”

“Yep.”

“And Dad you changed Mom?”

“Well I didn’t per se, but yes she was a human and is now a fairy. Why?”


“I was just wondering if changing Kia would help. I mean, for a person to go through that sort of physical change, a lot happens. We’re immune to disease as are vampires right?”

“Yes,” the both answered.

“So Kia becoming a fairy or a vampire should make this go away?” I asked hopeful to have found a possible option, but also pissed for not thinking of it sooner.

“Not exactly,” Dad replied. “If it were that easy, all sickness and such would be gone.”

Before he could explain why, the ladies all came walking back towards us. Pops walked over to Gi-Gi and gave her a kiss on the cheek as he took the girls from her. She then looked over at me and I knew just that quickly and quietly he’d filled her in on my question.

“Matt come with me to get some hot-coco.” I got up and dutifully followed behind her. “So you wanted to change Kia?”


“I just thought it would be an option. I mean you’ve witnessed first-hand what’s happening. I just want to help.”

“Have you asked her what she wants?”

“Come on Gi-Gi, she’s not going to make the wisest decisions. She won’t even go on her meds after Cameron is born because she wants to breast feed him. I just want her to not be what she is now!” I took a deep breath as I felt my frustrations and anxiety rising. Why were they dancing around the subject?

“I understand that darling, but you can’t force this on her.”


“I can’t force her to do anything apparently, no matter whether it’s best for her or not!”

Gi-Gi gave me a smile, seemingly not bothered by my short temper. “The change isn’t a cure all Matt. For cancers and other physical illnesses, it doesn’t always work,” she said with a heavy sigh. “For lack of a better word, changing a person is basically mutating them. Taking what they were and making them something different. There have been cases where healthy people have died during the change. Their bodies couldn’t handle it. We had a scare with your mother because it took her body a while to go through the process. When a person is sick, sometimes the mutation can have the opposite effect. It’s why changing humans isn’t a medical treatment.”


The more she talked about risks and liabilities, the less likely this option seemed for Kia. I mean we wouldn’t be doing it as a medical thing, it would be a personal choice, so there was no risk of suing some doctor for malpractice later. However, the more she talked, the more it felt like she was holding back on the real reason for the extended medical lesson.
  
“Gi-Gi, I get it, it would be a risk, and I’m sure you could explain it in a way that Kia would be okay with at least trying. I mean something has to be done for her.”

“Matt,” she said, her face showing the bad news to come before she delivered it. “The changes only ever affect the physical body. There’s nothing physically wrong with Kia,” she said quietly, stressing the word physically.


 And there it was. The truth she didn’t want to say. Kia’s problems were all mental so even if I convinced her to do this, it would be pointless no matter what.

“I’m sorry, Matt. I wish I could tell you everything would be okay. But remember you aren’t alone in this. We are all here for you to help and support you both.” She pulled me into a hug. Sadly it didn’t have the same comforting effect I’d hoped it would, but I hugged her back anyway.

“Pops suggested maybe you and Mom could talk to her about the formula thing. I mean, putting off her meds much longer…”


“Matt?” My sentence was cut off as I looked over to see Claudia standing there.

Gi-Gi turned and the displeasure on her face was evident when she saw who it was.
She smiled at Gi-Gi, “How are you today Dr. Gruber?”

“I’m fine Claudia.”


 “I’m going to get the coco,” Gi-Gi said before excusing herself. There was some sort of odd glance exchange between the two of them before she walked off.

“Fancy seeing you here,” Claudia said, apparently in no hurry to move along.

“Not really since my family still lives here and I visit often.”

“You’re family, but not you? You loved this place in high school. You talked like you’d never leave it.”

“High school was a long time ago Claudia. Hell, you couldn’t wait to get out yet you’re still here.”

She flashed me a smile, one I remembered well from high school. It was the smile she’d give me when she wanted something. “Oh me, I’m just visiting. I left this hell hole as soon as I could.”

“Oh, well good for you. I’d like to say it was good seeing you, but well, it’d be a lie.” I attempted to step around her. Last thing I needed or wanted was to deal with Claudia today or any day really.

“Wow, that’s a surprise,” she said, blocking my path.

“What?”


“You being rude. What happened to that awkward, overly accommodating guy? You know the one that got so nervous about the idea of sex he started counting.” She laughed at her own private joke.

Closing my eyes, I took a slow inhale then exhaled. One…two…three…four…I couldn’t deal with Claudia. Not today. Not after the talk I’d just had with Gi-Gi. I only wanted to spend the evening with my family and enjoy the rest of the holiday without stress if that was possible. Eight…nine…ten…

“Matt!” I snapped back and saw Claudia still standing in front of me. “What the hell? You just zoned out while I was talking to you. You’re hot, like really hot, like I’d do you right now hot, but damn, still strange as ever. I sure dodged a bullet with you. I bet your ass is still bagging groceries or some shit.”


I stared at her for a moment trying to figure out how teenage me could have ever been so in love with her. I know now it wasn’t real love, but now I don’t think it was even love of any kind. She was a vile and hateful person then and it seemed like she hadn’t changed much in the last few years.

“You want to know what happened to the old me Claudia? He met this nasty and spiteful girl whose only goal in life was to have someone else take care of her. Being a vampire had nothing to do with the fact she fed on the souls of nice boys that only wanted to do right by her!”


“Fuck you Matt! You thought having your daddy come over to try some life is precious guilt trip on me and my mom was going to make a difference? Think again Farmer Boy! I’ve gotten what I wanted in life. Darrick Abe went pro and I made sure who I got and stayed pregnant by! I get a nice monthly child support payment and I don’t have to work. Meanwhile, you’re doing what? Managing some small time store barely making minimum wage?”

“No, you dumb bitch! It’s really me that dodged that bullet! You hitched your gold digging wagon to the wrong person.”

People were walking by and giving us disapproving looks. More families had arrived and our argument was drawing attention. One…two…three…Claudia looked shocked by my outburst at first, but she quickly recovered.

“Lying is really not your style Matt. I mean I get why you’d try to impress me since I am the one that got away.”


“I don’t have to lie and I’m sure as hell not out to impress you. Got away? No, not even close. Yes, I work at a grocery store and I’m damn proud of that fact. You want to know why?”

“I already know why, Farmer Boy. You like this crap-ass small town life. You probably will get some poor, unfortunate girl to marry you and live paycheck to paycheck the rest of your lives with a bunch of snotty nosed brats running around! No…thank…you.!”

“You’re right Claudia. I do like small town life. I have in fact gotten married and we’ll be having our first child in a few weeks. You are wrong on the paycheck to paycheck part though. I enjoy working at the grocery store. It’s a nice multi-million dollar family business that my father built and I’m proud to be able to run it with him. That team Darrick plays for, my Pops owns it. And as you already know, my grandmother is a doctor. I could keep going because our family fortune on several sides goes back decades. So all that boils down to the fact I’m worth more than Darrick Abe ever will be and considering he’s been on the disabled list for an entire season, sadly it’s not looking likely his contract will be renewed.”


 The look on her face was priceless! Throwing our wealth around wasn’t something we did. It wasn’t how we acted in our family. The money was there, but it wasn’t what we based our lives on. Everyone did their own thing that made them happy and each new success our family trust grew but we just went about our daily lives. Seeing the look on Claudia’s face as she heard just what she threw away, it gave me a little bit of a rush and I started laughing. The scowl on her face took me back to my teen prank pulling days and I got an idea.



People walked by pointing and laughing. One little girl asked what was wrong with her face. The inner beauty prank was one I didn’t do often. Dad had gotten pissed at me when I’d done it to Mom. She didn’t suffer any effects because her inside matched her outside, but he told me never to do that again.

“What? What did you do to me? Why are people laughing?” she asked frantically running her hands over her face.


 “Maybe they are just seeing you for the monster that you are. Have a nice life Claudia.”

Shrinking quickly, I flew off to join the rest of my family leaving her behind calling my name. The effects of the prank would wear off in half an hour, but until then everyone would see how horrible a person she was behind that mask she wore. The best part was, she wouldn’t see what they saw if she looked in a mirror.

I tried my best to enjoy the rest of the evening. As predicted, the girls were all over the poor Santa and I think Lola pulled his beard so hard he lost hair. Kia was still not feeling well but still refused to leave. I was really worried because the kicks had turned into little contractions. Braxton Hicks, Gi-Gi explained, and that’s when Pops decided she needed to go home and rest despite her objections. He just picked her up and carried her to the car. She started crying and saying she ruined everything and we both tried to calm her down.

Most of the night she tossed and turned and was still not feeling any better in the morning. I told her we didn’t have to drive back today, but Kia said she was ready to go home. 


We said our goodbyes to Mom and Dad and headed home. We were forty-five minutes into the drive when Kia screamed out my name grabbing ahold of my arm. The sudden movement made me swerve and the driver headed towards us honked his horn at me.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, looking over to see her seat all wet.


At first I thought she’d peed herself, but her grip on my arm got tighter as she yelled again which made Klutz start barking. Shit! Shit! Shit! She was in labor! Pulling over quickly, I reached for my phone as I rushed to Kia’s side of the car. I called the one person I knew could get to us before an ambulance would.

“Pick up! Pick up! Pick up!” I said hurriedly as I listened to the ringing.

“Hello.”

“Gi-Gi she’s in labor! She wasn’t feeling well still but insisted we go home anyway and now she’s screaming and…and…”


“Calm down Matt. Tell me where you are.”

“Route 42 just outside of town.”

I heard her tell Pops to call 911 and then the line went dead. Kia was in the car screaming my name, Klutz was barking and turning circles in the backseat.


A few minutes later Gi-Gi appeared and went into action asking about the timing of the contractions and trying to talk Kia through the one she was having. I stood by helpless as I listened to Kia painful cries. I was told to open the back, put down the seats, and lay down the blanket she’d brought with her. Taking our bags out of the car, I quickly leashed Klutz and secured him to the door handle before doing as instructed. Kia was moved to the back of the car so Gi-Gi could have more room to work. My son was about to be delivered on the side of the road. One…two…three…four…

“Can’t you just take her to the hospital?”

“No Matt, moving that fast with her would be harmful to both her and Cameron.”

Moments later Pops was beside me. “The ambulance is on the way. Your grandmother can handle this, but you need to go and help your wife.”

Kia cried out again.

“Help?! How am I supposed to help?”


“Go hold her hand, let her hit you, cuss at you, anything,” he replied.

I absentmindedly nodded as I slowly approached the car. Gi-Gi was instructing Kia to push. I climbed into the small space and wedged myself in behind Kia, supporting her head in my lap. She gripped down onto my hands as she let out another scream. Klutz howled in unison. In the distance the sirens could be heard. Drivers pulled over, offering assistance but Pops kept them from getting in the way.

“You’re doing great Kia. One more push and I think he’ll be out,” Gi-Gi said.

Tears leaked from Kia’s eyes, sweat beaded on her forehead, but she nodded okay. Taking a deep breath, Kia pushed again. Klutz let out another howl. Seconds later a tiny cry was heard, Pops handed Gi-Gi a blanket and she wrapped it around the baby. Our baby. He’d been born on Route 42, in the back of my car delivered by my grandmother, but he was okay. And he had one hell of a set of lungs as the soft cry had turned into a full blow wailing.

I felt Kia’s hand on my cheek. “Why are you crying? I did all the work.”

I looked down at her and she had the brightest smile. “Because I think you broke my fingers,” I replied, then leaned forward to kiss her.  

**A/N**

Yes, I changed up how the inner beauty thing works. It was hard to find a way to work him doing his LTW into the story so this is what I've come up with. Basically only people that look at his victims will see the change, but not the person themselves. The way I figure it, the person doesn't actually change, it's more like a temporary illusion.  

I have some shots of his other victims since in the main file he is complete, but I thought Claudia's needed to be all on her own. Ain't she pretty!!! LOL 


14 comments:

  1. I don't even have to question on where to start on this comment because I have been waiting a long time for this. Claudia, the foolish bitch who had the absolute perfect trap set up with a HOT multi millionaire in the palm of her hands and she let him slip right through her fingers! She even had to be cruel about it and sent him that text.

    Well Claudia dearie what do you think about your farmer boy now? I'm sure you are going to catch tons of rich men with that beautiful mug of yours.

    She thought throwing that athlete in his face was a wise decision but it added fuel to the fire for Matt to tell her off. Matt is right it was him who dodged the bullet and he is lucky she was such a dumb bitch!

    Ok now that it out of my system, we can move on. Matt is worried and I do hope that someone convinces her that there is nothing wrong with formula. Many women bottle feed the babies and they are perfectly healthy babies. She is not thinking straight now because of the pregnancy and the hormones. I feel so bad thinking of her getting lost on the side of the road. I do hope they can do something to help her.

    I felt bad for Matt when he was asking if turning her would help because I knew the answer was going to be that it could only possibly help physical issues and not mental ones. I give him credit as he is really trying to help her and I do hope that he will be able to some day.

    Now for the last part, oh my God what a wonderful birth scene. She goes into labor in the car and Cora and Davis are there in no time at all. It was so sweet to see Cora delivering her Great Grandchild. Congrats to the new parents and welcome to baby Cameron. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yeah you've been waiting for this update since Claudia sent that text. She had the perfect trap and on top of that Matt was crazy about her and would have treated her great. She threw it all away being selfish and hateful. Hopefully Darrick will be able to get custody of their child and she'll be left without. She learned the hard lesson on don't judge a book by its cover. Matt's family lived well below their means because they are down to earth people, not because they were poor.

      Claudia is thinking she should have kept that baby now but it's too late. Farmer Boy is the one that got away and she won't ever find a guy like Matt again.

      LOL yeah she did think that, but it backfired. Darrrick Abe is already on the DL and his contract is in jeopardy. That monthly support payment is about to shrink in size drastically. Being selfish and hateful got her what she deserved!

      Matt is worried. He cares a lot about Kia and her well being but he's stuck. He could go the route of trying to declare her mentally unfit so he could make her medical decisions, but he won't do that. Hopefully Grace and Cora will be able to talk to her about the formula thing. Yes, there is nothing wrong with formula and Matt has tried to tell her, but part of it could be a delay tactic. She has fears from when her mother was locked up. She stayed overly medicated and Kia doesn't want to end up like that. She did wander off and now Matt will have to hide the keys as she's not fit to drive. :( Things are getting worse for her and he doesn't know what to do.

      He hoped turning her would be the answer, but sadly it wasn't. It's not a cure all as Cora explained even for physical illness (had to make a reason that cancer and such was not cured LOL) but it never helps mental issues. :( Matt told her he was committed and he is. He will try everything within his power to help her and stick by her side.

      Aww, glad you liked it. Figured it was time for an exciting birth that didn't go according to plan. Matt knew to call his grandparents as they would get there the fastest. Cora is a great doctor even if delivery babies isn't her job. She knows how to take care of them and I'm sure she's done an OB rotation before. She had that handled and both mom and baby came out just fine. :) It was special for her to be able to help bring him into the world and I'm sure he'll have a really special relationship with his great grandmother because of it. :)

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  2. Well, I'm going to do like PG did and start out with the Claudia bit. Claudia, are you freaking SERIOUS???? You act like a bitch to him and then expect him to just forgive and forget? You are seriously delusional if you really think he's going to take you back after the way you treated him. We can see you haven't changed one iota due to how you talked to him just now, calling him Farmer Boy and berating his life choices. Well, you got reality slapping you right in the face when Matt told you how it really was. You think you had it so good. Well, you fucked yourself over big time when you let someone like Matt slip through your fingers. You would have had it made in the shade. Well, thank God Matt is onto you and he's not that insecure teenager you could lead around by the nose before. He wised up and gave you exactly what you deserved. Now you can look in the mirror and see the monster you really are. Oh, well, no you can't. You'll just have to take our word for it. You really do look beautiful. I mean, you really do look beautiful. Hahahahaha.

    Okay, now that's out of the way, I can move on to the other stuff. Poor Matt is stuck between a rock and a hard place. He wants what is best for Kia but she's not thinking clearly and he can't force the issue. Hopefully, they can convince Kia that putting Cameron on formula isn't a failure and it's perfectly healthy. Many babies are on formula and they thrive and grow. Then, he asked about changing her. It's too bad it won't work in her case since changing her isn't something that is going to make her problem go away. There's just no easy way around this issue and if Kia hopes to get any better, she needs to go on her meds. Dang, that had to be so awful, getting lost on the side of the road and having to be brought home. :(

    Well, well. This will be a story to tell the grandkids one day. Cameron being born on the side of the road and Cora getting to deliver her great grandchild. I'm sure it's not how Matt and Kia would have liked to do it, but at least everyone is okay and Kia and Cameron got through it. I had to laugh at that last part about why Matt was crying and how she must have broken his fingers. LOL! That was so funny but very touching at the same time.

    Looking forward to seeing what's next. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I knew you guys would enjoy seeing Claudia get hers finally. She was a bitch to him, but thought she still had a hold over him. He proved that wrong in high school when he stopped being her friend. She didn't want him back. Maybe a roll in the hay, or two, but that's it. She's still the same self-centered hateful person she's always been. I feel sorry for her child, that you noticed wasn't with her. Yep, to her he was just some small town boy that bagged groceries for a living. Well that is exactly what he is, he just happens to be a millionaire that enjoys doing those things. She had the perfect trap and didn't have a clue. Things aren't always what they seem and now she knows it. Matt has grown up a lot, that experience changed him. She really did look terrible in that shot. I think of the ones he's done, she was the worst one. LOL

      That he is. :( He is really trying to do everything he can for her. He meant it when he said he'd be by her side and was committed to their relationship. It wasn't the ideal way to go into marriage, but he doesn't take it any less serious. Hopefully Grace and Cora can explain to her that formula is fine for the baby because she needs to take care of herself more. Matt probably said that comment about having a mom that wasn't forgetful in anger, but it's true. She needs to consider it for her own well being, but she has fears. She still remembers how her mom was and she doesn't want to end up like that. She's been getting lost and having more issues. Matt's tricks to get her to snap back are starting to fail. :( Things are getting bad.

      hahaha yeah what a story they will have. Cameron was eager to make his appearance and Kia was in labor that whole time and didn't realize it. :( Good thing Cora can move fast as she was there in minutes and was able to safely bring her great grandchild into the world. Nope, it wasn't ideal with strangers stopping trying to see what was going on. No meds, or medical equipment. Cora is a kick ass doctor and would have done everything she could to make sure mom and baby were safe! LOL they have an easy relationship at times and that at the end showed how they can be when things are not so critical. It was touching that Matt was that moved by the birth of his child and he was proud at how well Kia did. :) She did squeeze the hell out of his fingers though hahaha

      thanks for reading.

      Delete
  3. LMAO Claudia's face with the spell on it. Hahahaha. That was great. I am glad that you showed that at the end. XD
    I have a feeling Kia just doesn't want to "feel crazy" and that's why she's using excuses like not wanting to bottle feed as a way to prolong being drugged up. In a way, I can't blame her because when I was going through my depression stuff, I chose not to use medication, so I get it. On the other hand, I do feel bad for Matt because it's like he is helpless in all of her shit. He knows she's not doing it on purpose, but he's frustrated because he always has to deal with her when she gets brought home by the cops for sitting on the side of the road, or whatever else happens with her episodes.
    Now that she has had the baby... I wonder what will happen with her and Matt, and what they will do to deal with her problems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The inner beauty thing is crazy. I'd never played with it before this challenge but the way it makes the sims look is super scary. hahaha

      Right, Kia has memories of her mom being drugged up and out of it and she is afraid of that happening to her. :( The meds they are trying to give her are different, but still she's scared to go on them because it is still an experimental thing. :( Poor Matt feels like his hands are tied. He wants to help, is trying to support her, but he can't force her to do anything so he's stuck. :( He has his own issues and hers are making his worse. Now that Cameron is here, we'll have to see how life changes for them now.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  4. You go Matt! Claudia where is your child? Then again I don't except you to be a good mother so never mind. I sincerely hope he or she is with their father during the holiday. On that face haha.. you make Agatha look pretty in comparison. HA! Enjoy that new mug of yours you evil harpy. Now as for changing Kia into a fairy or vamp is an interesting concept but if her all problems are mental... it probably won't help much. Might make things worse if she's a vampire and forgets she is one. Then forgets that she can't have normal food. Or if she's a fairy who can fly away and forget where's she at or how to get home. But it was a interesting thought. Kia is probably scared to try new medications considering what her mother went threw. Hopefully the doctors or even Matt can get her to see how far medical science has advanced since then. Looking forward to seeing baby Cameron with his parents. It was sweet his great grandmother was there to deliver him on the side of the rode. That will be a story his parents or even Cameron growing up will never forget. I had to laugh "you broke my fingers." but man that's a rough birth all natural with no epidural. I am glad both mother and baby made it out okay though : ) This was a great chapter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL knew this chapter would make a lot of you happy. Claudia probably has her child with a nanny somewhere or maybe her mom. Either way the baby is not top priority to her. That could be it, this could be time he child spends with the father.

      hahaha yeah that face was bad! I think she's the worst of any that he did. Yep, I had to come up with a plausible reason why changing her wouldn't work. She had mental issues and turning only changes your physical being. It would not be ideal to have her live forever with her condition.

      Yep, that's exactly why she is scared to take the meds. Remembering how her mother was so she wants to avoid it. Ending up like her is Kia's worst fear. Hopefully Grace and Cora will be able to talk to her about it since they all only have her best interest at heart.

      I know, poor Kia has been pregnant forever. It's nice that Cameron is now officially born into the story. Being born on the side of the road wasn't ideal, but Cora was up for the challenge. She wasn't going to let anything happen to either one of them. It will make for an interesting story. hahaha I wanted to lighten the mood there and Matt is a joker at times so it fit.

      Oh yeah, those all natural ones are rough, been there done that. LOL

      Aww thank, glad you enjoyed it.

      Thanks for reading

      Delete
  5. I bet that felt so good for Matt to tell that hateful little brat off finally. I know he's a humble guy but man did she deserve that! I know he said the spell would wear off, but she deserves that face forever!

    Poor Kia! It never even occurred to me that changing her life-state would help or hurt her. Now that I think about it, I'm surprised Matt didn't think of it sooner. Now I am all about breast feeding being the best choice for a baby, but that baby needs his mom more! I hope they figure out a treatment for her that she'll actually take,

    I can't wait to see pictures of Cameron. Is he a fairy?? Or something else?
    A great update!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did feel good to tell her off. He and the rest of the family are very humble with their money. They don't flaunt it and most lead the simple life, but Matt needed to rub it in her face what she gave up. It was priceless!!! LOL yeah the spell is only temporary since it is a prank, but it would be nice if it could be permanent for her.

      Yeah, it hadn't occurred to Matt until that moment. :( He really is trying to find ways to help her. Yes, Matt would agree. Not every baby gets breastfed and Kia should be putting her long term health first in this case. She's getting worse and needs to at least try the meds, but she's stalling. Hopefully Grace or Cora can talk her into it since Matt has failed. :(

      Um, I think a while back I posted shots of Cameron on the thread. He's a toddler in game, but to keep you from searching, I'll post another one of him for you. :) He's human.

      thanks for reading!

      Delete
  6. Oh, telling off that bitch Claudia was SWEET!!! I've been dying for him to rub it into her face how she screwed up. :D
    I have to agree with Matt on this one that Kia should forgo breastfeeding in favor of treating her illness. Sad how changing her wouldn't affect her problem. Is it really only mental?
    That roadside delivery was scary, but that's a 'duh' statement. I kinda laughed when Matt blamed his crying on his hand hurting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yeah, I know a lot of you were looking forward to that part. She screwed up big time and now she knows it!

      Kia should forgo the breastfeeding, but she's not wanting to listen. Her fear is being pumped full of drugs so she's avoiding it for as long as possible. Yep, for my story purposes, changing a person would only fix some physical illnesses, possibly! Have to add in the possibly otherwise there wouldn't be any humans if they all could become something else. Because Kia's issue is all mental, it wouldn't help her at all. :(

      LOL yeah it is scary, but it's helpful that his grandmother is a doctor and a vampire that could get there in no time to take over and deliver the baby. :) Mat has a sensitive side and seeing his son being born showed that.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  7. I think now Kia is taking advantage of Matt. She's being selfish, taking his goodwill to help and support her for granted. She seems not to remember, he did everything for her, although has never been in love with her. she's also forgetting her child needs more a healthy mother than her milk.
    I don't know... she's making things too complicate for Matt. Such a shame for he's really a good guy and would give everything only to have an intact family.
    As for Claudia, haha it was funny the trick with inner beauty. It was well deserved, wasn't it?
    I can't wait for the next update to check if Kia will finally take the treatment... crossing my fingers for Matt! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is being selfish in a way by not getting the treatment. They've been talking about it so he wasn't expecting her to put off the meds because she wanted to breastfeed. He's in a corner because he can't force her to do the meds so they fought. :( He made the same comment about their child needing her.

      She really isn't trying to do make things more complicated, but she's scared. Her memory is going, but the one thing that stays is her mother. She recalls how she was in that hospital, drugged up, and basically an empty shell. :( That is the one thing Kia wants to avoid at all cost so her not going on the meds is partly because of that. :( Matt is a good guy and he's trying to take care of the family to keep it whole.

      LOL the inner beauty was perfect for Claudia. She was/is a nasty piece of work and she deserved that!

      Hopefully we'll see if Kia will get treatment now that Cameron has been born. I hope things work out for them. :)

      thanks for reading

      Delete