Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Liebster Award


This morning I was nominated for the Liebster Award by fellow Going Solo challenge player and blogger Mischief aka ShaliANel. She has 3 amazing stories going which include 2 Going Solo stories (S3 and S4) and a long running Rainbowcy. Thank you Mischief for the nomination! It means a lot that you enjoy my story that much.

The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to bloggers, to promote the blogging sites we love and support.

Accepting the nomination comes with these conditions:
1. Post the award on your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who presented the award and link back to their blog.
3. Nominate 5-11 bloggers whom you feel deserve this award and have fewer than or equal to 3,000 followers.
4. Answer 11 questions posted by the nominator, and ask your nominees 11 questions.

My Nominations: 

Cold Blooded by Daijah
Forever In Time by Sweetnightingale
A Story With No Title by Mypalsim
The Secret Life of Jewell by Jobug1015
Elvira Slayer-The true story by Eliroc
A Pair of Brown Eyes by Marsar
Alissa by Daisy Day

My answers to Mischief's questions:

1. What got you into writing stories with the sims?

Boredom really. LOL I know that sounds bad, but it's true. After playing for a while I got bored since it felt like a wash-rinse-repeat thing. I started trolling the forums and came across the story section. I was amazed that simmers had taken their characters and gave them a life, a story, outside of the confines of the game. It was cool! After researching a few challenges, I thought starting with a baby challenge would be the easiest way to 'get my feet wet' with story telling. Kiss of  A Vampire was my very first sim story and it's currently at 100+ chapters.

2. What convinced you to start publishing said stories online?

As I was reading, I noticed some of the stories linked from the forums to an off site blog. I liked that I didn't have to use a 3rd party site to put my pictures in a blog unlike hosting my story on the forums so set up my blogger account and the rest as they say is history.

3. Have you got a favourite sim?

Just 1? Um...I have a few favorites in each of my stories. From Kiss it's Aric, Amari's first born child. I just love him even though he's not a main MAIN character. From Fiendish, it was Seth, even with all his crazy, possessive, murderous ways.From my legacy...well that's hard. I love Davis. His character was fun to write and he was just a great guy then Grace came along and her story with Jonas put them in the top spot. Even though Jonas isn't 'my' character, I loved him so much I brought him back to life and I'm so happy Vuneca let me. :)

4. How do you deal with Writer’s Block?

With a lot of cussing, followed by whining (thanks DJ for always listening to me) followed by more cussing. LOL If I'm blocked on a sim story, sometimes I'll just play for fun to get back to the basics of the game and out of my head for a while. It works sometimes, other times my mind will obsess over whatever I'm stuck on, unable to move past it until I figure out the glitch.

5. Are any of your characters or situations based on real life?

Even though these are sim stories, I do tend to pull in real life situations at times to make them feel more 'real'. I think it helps people relate to the story and the characters more. They aren't really based off my real life experiences, but just life in general.

6. If you could do anything without worry about money or time, what would you do?

Travel!!! I would love to visit new places and experience different cultures. 

7. Have you ever published a chapter despite not being 100% happy with it, and your readers surprised you by loving it, or commenting more than usual?

Oh hell yeah!!! Some of the chapters I thought were crap, but I was tired of fighting with, got the most feedback. That happened a lot in Fiendish, but some in Kiss as well.

8. What do you do when something unwanted happens? Accept it or quit without saving?

Well for Kiss, it's planned and I'm only in game to take shots. I 'play' that save very little since the shots are all staged. With my for fun game plays, nothing is planned so I just go with it. For this one, it's a combo of planned and just play. Because I use mods that can help correct a lot of oops (like unplanned pregnancies) I don't really need to quit without saving. I can just pause the pregnancy and keep going. With my bachelor challenge, when the contestant died, I was able to bring her back to life easily enough with the mods so I didn't have to quit then either. Really mods are a life saver!!!!

9. What is your favourite aspect about writing?

Being able to let go. My imagination is free to roam even if it heads down a dark path, nothing is off limits. 

10. What is your least favourite aspect?

Getting stuck. I hate being hit by writer's block. Especially when I have tons of ideas floating around in my head but none want to come out right when I try and put them to paper.

11. What inspires you the most? Music? A great book? A walk outside? Something else?

Music helps me set the mood sometimes. I like to listen to it when I write, it relaxing and the lyrics can stick with me and be absolutely perfect for a certain scene I'm working on.

Questions to my nominees:

1. How long have you been writing?
2. What was your very first story?
3. What other hobbies do you have outside of sims?
4. Of your sim stories, which one is your favorite and why?
5. Do you remember the very first sim story you ever read?
6. If you could make 1 sim character a real person who would it be and why?
7. What's your favorite song?
8. What's your favorite blogging platform and why?
9. Where do you get the ideas for your stories?
10. If you won the lotto, what would be your first purchase?
11. What's your favorite supernatural to play and why?

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Thanks so much for the nomination. :) This is way cool! Time to go work on my post for this now. This totally made my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Looking forward to reading your answers. :)

      Delete
  2. This was fun to read. Haha I loved you answer to the Writer's Block question. We all do it too LOL. Thank you for the nomination! Now I have some work to do :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL well you know it's true. I complain A LOT when I'm blocked and you always try to help me figure out the issue. :) You're welcome, I only listed 1 of your blogs, but you know they all get the award. :D

      Delete
  3. Thank you, Jazen, so much for nominating me. I feel honored!
    It will be a pleasure to answer your questions and to post this on my blog as soon as I can.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. :) I look forward to reading your responses.

      Delete