Sunday, September 21, 2014

Going Solo: Grace Gen 4.13


Hope was still doing well in the competition, so well in fact she was one of two girls left. Barnacle Bay was a small town so it was no surprise her being on the show made the newspaper. Being only one of two, she was able to call and talk to us finally. She sounded happy and was really enjoying her time there. Dad wasn't keen on that, he still thought Caleb spent too much time shirtless. Erin disagreed. I was excited for Hope, during her 'confessional' time she talked like she really liked this guy, she even mentioned the possibility of relocating to be with him if she won. That was crazy, but then again she was like Dad. It took the right woman for him maybe it only took the right man for her. Odd that my sister may have found him on a show like that.


After doing my daily chores, I prepared to head to Mom and Dad's place. On the way over I stopped to pick up Grandma. She'd been sick the last few weeks, but was finally feeling better. She had been watching from her place and we'd talk about it after it aired.


I'd watched the show with my family for the last 6 weeks. Six weeks...that was all it took for Caleb to be talking about possibly being in love with one of them and for my sister to be considering moving her whole life around to be with him. That seems like such a short period of time and she didn't get that much one on one time to really get to know him. At least not on air.


Dad was relieved when Erin finally told them that 'relations' weren't allowed until The One was picked. However that relief was short lived when he learned that it was 'on air' not that we saw anything, but we would see them going into the room, we'd hear audio of them making out then it would fade out and come back with them in bed after the fact. Dad was pissed and said for Hope and that boy's sake Hope had better lose. Both Grandma and Mom got onto Dad for becoming such a prude. They managed to get him quieted down for the show.


They had one last group date and the fairy Rebecca, who was the front runner started acting funny. She ended up leaving the group and Hope and Caleb spent the rest of the night together. It was strange, but watching the two of them felt right. They had this connection, similar to what Mom and Dad had. Perfect compliments to each other. I briefly wondered if I'd ever have something like that.


Caleb declared Hope 'The One'. A strange silence fell over my parents when the final shot played out. Final confessionals were played after he sent Rebecca home and we heard from Hope talking about how happy she was to have found her other half and Caleb talking about his soul mate. Dad made snide comments and Mom quickly reminded him that it wasn't nonsense unless he was downplaying their own relationship. That shut him up quick. That was until my phone rang.

"Married? Did she just say Hope was getting married?" Dad piped up when he heard the one side of my conversation.

Mom tried to shush him as Hope relayed the details to me. She sounded so happy, it was all very surreal to think in six weeks my sister went from single and dating to engaged. The moment I hung up Dad was asking me a million questions. Erin was excited about taking the trip and ran off to call all her friends, Carter grumbled something about wearing a tux and not cutting his hair.


"Grace...what the hell is your sister talking about?" Dad asked soon as I hung up.

"Well...apparently after the final show Caleb proposed and she said yes. So yeah..."

"No! She can't. I forbid it!"


"Davis you can't forbid her from doing anything," Grammy told him.

"Like hell! That...boy....how...no!"

"Davis, this is her life and what she wants. Besides, he seemed genuine in his feelings about her," Mom stated, trying to reason with him.

"Whatever...he also seemed genuine in his feelings for the 20 other women he was making out with!"

"Davis Matthew Gruber!" Everyone got quiet with Grandma Kerri pulled out the full name on Dad.


"You were a lot...wilder...than Hope has ever been. You will go and give your daughter away and do so with a smile on your face." We all tried to hide the laughs as we watched Dad get in trouble by his mom.

The next couple of days was spent making travel arrangements. With Grams' health still not 100%, she decided it was best not to take such a long trip. We promised to take plenty of pictures and she called Hope to tell her how happy she was for her.


Mom would come over and we would talk to Hope about the arrangements she and her soon to be sister in law were making. She wanted Mom to be part of the process so we spent time on Skype helping with the details.



Mom of course took any chance she had to ask me about Jonas. She was happy that I'd stopped avoiding him, but not as happy that I chose not to tell him. He didn't bring up the subject of me running off and it's not exactly an easy thing to broach the subject of being assaulted. She chose not to push the issue and just let me handle things in my own way.

I talked to Jonas and he offered to keep Vor when I mentioned not wanting to board him. I wasn't so sure it was a good idea, but he assured me he would take better care of him. We were meeting up at the park for the exchange. Coming into town made me nervous all over again since I still couldn't shake the feeling of being watched, it had been with me ever since that day.


I kept Vor close to me as we approached the park. I glanced around and didn't see Jonas right away. Vor started whining as I pulled tighter on his leash. I saw Jonas step out of his store and head in my direction. I felt relived at the sight of him.


"Hey, sorry for making you wait."

"It...it's not problem."

He gave Vor a scratch behind his ear before feeding him a treat. I glanced around nervously, scanning each face.



"Grace, are you okay?"

"I...yeah I just...guess it's nerves. I haven't left Barnacle Bay in years so the idea of getting on a plane and being surrounded by strangers is making me a bit on edge."


Jonas wrapped his hand around mine and the contact had a calming effect. Ever since the day I called to visit him, I noticed he'd do little things to touch me. Our hands would brush up against each other, or he'd outright hold my hand like now. Surprisingly, I never shied away from those little instances.



"Getting out of your comfort zone is scary, but it can be a good thing as well."

He smiled at me and I felt myself returning that smile. We talked for a little while longer, and although I didn't feel as on edge, that feeling of unease didn't go away completely. He gave me a gift to take to Hope and then I headed to my parents' house.



**A/N**
So Hope will now 'officially' be Piazzagirl's character. What happens to her in my story will be a reflection of her life in Aurora Skies in Piazzagirl's story told through phone calls and such the sisters will share. Hope and Caleb will make guest appearances at times in my story because there will be events that bring them back for visits.

Hope lives in the house with Kerri so I plopped Caleb in there as well and used Master Controller to adjust the relationships. I checked in on them to see how they got along in my world. First thing Kerri did was accuse poor Caleb of being a vamp. Now she should be more than used to vamps in her life LOL. Hope's first reaction was to run outside, flirt, then bring him inside for some woo-hoo. LOL I think they may rival her parents who still can't manage to keep their hands off each other. Every time I send Grace over to visit they are walking towards the bedroom. I'm wondering when the next Gruber addition will join us at this rate LOL.

21 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I'm the first to comment. :) Loved the update. I cracked up so hard when Kerri pulled the full name routine on Davis. Then, everyone got quiet and in my head, I was thinking, "Oh, sh*t." LOL! Can't wait to see what happens with Grace and Jonas. That was so sweet when he took her hand and assured her he'd take good care of Vor and that everything would be OK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep. I'm glad you enjoyed it. You're right it was that 'oh shit' moment to have the full name called. LOL just goes to show you are never too old to get in trouble by your mother. hahahahaha

      Grace and Jonas have a wonderful budding relationship even if only one of them thinks of it as a relationship. After she ran off he made small attempts to touch her to see how she'd react and so far the reaction has been positive so he keeps doing it. That statement about getting out of her comfort zone was a little bit about him as well. :) It does speak to her level of trust that she allowed him to keep her best friend. Jonas should be honored, she loves that freaking dog a lot!

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  2. Aww It's so great how your world and PG's world are meshing together so well. It is so cool! I am super worried about this sense of being watched that's going on. It's n ice to see Grace and Jonas getting closer and closer despite her freak out at the dark. I'm wondering if/when she's going to come clean about her past. I think it would be healing for her, esp with someone with as much empathy as Jonas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's working out well with the cross over. Since Hope wasn't a main character in my game it was easy to connect the two. I'm really excited she turned out to be the match for Caleb and I can't wait to see how PG shows their life together.

      That sense of being watched is troublesome! :(

      Grace is letting Jonas in more and more and it's great. When he learns about her past it will be a huge deal for him. :( He already didn't like the idea of someone possibly hurting her so he won't be happy, but he will be even more caring and understanding towards her.

      We are headed towards the big reveal, things just got a little side tracked with the Hope thing, but after the wedding we'll be back on track.

      thanks for reading.

      Delete
  3. Grace is really trusting Jonas more than she realizes, she feels comfortable around him and she felt a calming effect when he held her hands. I also did pick up that the "Getting out of your comfort zone is scary, but it can be a good thing as well" meant more about Jonas himself than taking a flight to Monte Vista.

    Hopefully getting caught up in the excitement of her sisters wedding, will make Grace realize she does want a relationship. She already wondered if she would ever have that while watching Hope and Caleb on tv and comparing them to her parents. She trusted Vor with Jonas and more important Vor trusts Jonas which should be a good sign to her.

    The Davis scenes had me laughing, especially when Kerri pulled out the full name on him. Everyone just stopped dead in their tracks when she said it. I also loved how the whole family had a different reaction to the news.

    Loved the update and looking forward to next weekends :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Almost forgot to say this but from that last picture, I think Grace is right, she is being watched.

      Delete
    2. Yes she is. Jonas picks up on it as well and it makes him happy to know she does in fact trust him. LOL Jonas is kinda sneaky at times like with the 'date' and that statement. Eventually it will all click for Grace.

      She is picking up on things. As much as she thinks her parents are strange at times, she can feel and see how much they love each other. When she saw Hope and Caleb on TV she was able to recognize the same connection. It does affect her and makes her question her own life a little bit more. She's realizing that being alone isn't necessarily a good thing.

      Davis....he's such a nut, I don't know why Cora puts up with him but she does. LOL The power of the full name. No matter how old you are, it will always get you quiet. hahahaha The family is very close even though they all have their own unique personalities.

      That last picture would seem that she is indeed being watched.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  4. Wow, finally Grace feels confortable with Jonas around and even trust him. They indeed make a beautiful couple.
    I love the idea of the tv show, a shame I wasnt here during this time. Congratulations, I think they make a good couple and I wonder how you'll go on with the updates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's getting there. It's not been easy or quick but Jonas was patient and understanding. I can't wait until they are officially a couple! Trying so hard not to rush things.

      The TV show thing was fun. Watching PG's bachelor challenge was a lot of fun. I'd never done or seen one before but I enjoyed it. Hope and Caleb do make a cute couple and I can't wait for babies.

      As for updates, since Hope didn't live in town for story purposes, her life will be talked about like it is now, through Grace via phones calls or emails. On occasion, she will come back to visit but for the most part her life will be dictated by PG.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  5. It's great that two stories can be linked together so well. I loved this update and several things made me laugh like Davis being referred to as a prude and Kerri using his full name and basically telling him to accept and support Hope with a smile on his face. I have a feeling that indeed Grace is being watched by someone but who could it be? I hope Vor and Jonas can protect her because I have a bad feeling. I have not installed the master controller in my game but am seriously thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it really did work out well with linking the two.

      LOL Davis a prude...only where his daughters are concerned (Cora knows that LOL) and yeah Davis knows he's in trouble when Kerri calls out the full name. He knew she meant business and it was best to stop trying to argue with her. A losing battle.

      Yeah Grace could right in her feelings. Something has her senses on high alert but she's not exactly sure what. Hopefully Jonas and Vor will be able to stop whoever or whatever is out there.

      I love master controller, it lets you do so much.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  6. Ohh, the fact that you have Kerri over makes me feel like you got the "Kerrington isn't long for this world' pop up or whatever it actually says. It's good to see her anyway. And she pulled out the big guns, Davis's full name! She has mellowed out in her old age, before she would have shamed him with telling his family a tale of his wild days. Now she just makes mention of them. With Caleb and Hope living together now... something tells me that in your game, Kerrington *may* just leave this world a great-grandma.

    Hey, it'd be hard for me to accept that anyone could find true love in six weeks, especially on TV! Especially when they were also courting others! But Hope really seems like a good fit for Caleb. I'm glad you sent her. Solved that nice "what to do with a twin" problem. I like Grace's relationship with her mom. And her and Jonas are progressing nicely. Jonas has his own hurts, and he can teach Grace how to move on. They're sort of healing each other. I hadn't even thought of the plane ride for Hope, she should probably get a sedative for that part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, sadly that is the case. :( Her time is coming to an end soon.

      She may be old, but she can still lay down the law with her son. The full name always does the trick. LOL.We'll see if Hope and Caleb give her those grandkids in my game before the reaper comes for her. Since Hope seems to be following in her father's footsteps, anything is possible.

      It is hard to imagine. I never got into that whole bachelor show, just doesn't make sense to me. And it's proven that it doesn't really work as only what 1 of the couples after all those seasons is actually still together and married? Yet the show keeps on going??? Baffling.

      I had to do something with the twin. I thought about having her live with Grace, but sent her off to do her own thing instead. Job in a 'different' city, living life all that stuff. Then the bachelor challenge happened and woot! Instant storyline on how she will go on from there. It all worked out well.

      She and Jonas are getting there. Shows that patience is truly a virtue and thank goodness Jonas has a boatload of it. :D LOL we'll see about sedating her for the plane ride. Most likely she'll be in the middle seat either between her parents or between her younger siblings. No sitting next to strangers for her.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  7. I'm wondering what's awaiting poor Grace in the shadows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll find out this weekend what's lurking in the shadows.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  8. Too bad Jonas isn't going along to the wedding. But then that would mean the two are closer than she thinks/wants to be. hahaha go Mom - yell at your son, the bad boy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope he won't be tagging along. He doesn't know the family that well, and he wouldn't encroach on that event, although I'm sure if Graced asked he would have said yes. Hope would not have minded, she would have seen it as a positive thing for her sister.

      LOL Kerri...she proves no matter how old your kids are you are still the boss of them. :D Davis knew to stop arguing.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  9. I had to giggle at Kerri accusing him of being a vampire - I'm pretty sure he's fed up with that by now :D It's a shame that Jonas isn't coming with her, but I like that he's looking after Vor for her. Once her dog approves of him it's settled :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha, yeah poor Caleb, can't get away from that.

      Nope he's not coming, but keeping Vor is a huge deal. The dog does approve of him so it is settled. Vor is an excellent judge of character. LOL

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  10. LOL, Davis getting in trouble with Kerri. XD He's kind of biased, but I guess, he's one of "those" dads. Mine was never like that, so I'm always having some sort of like "Whoa, dude, calm down" sort of reaction when I see dads like Davis. Hahaha. Cora's right though, Davis was able to find someone despite his pre-bachelor ways, so who's to say Hope couldn't do the same thing? Granted, six weeks is... lightning fast, but love comes in all shapes and sizes, all I can do is be happy for Hope and hope (hehe) that she and Caleb work well together.
    I wonder if Grace's feeling of someone watching her is all in her head, or if someone is indeed watching her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, Kerri proved you're never too old to be scolded by your parent. hahaha Davis was a bit of a man-whore so he doesn't want some man being as 'careless' with his girls. He really is all talk no bite when push comes to shove. He wants them to be happy, but at the same time he doesn't want to admit, his 'little girls' are grown up. LOL

      Yep, that's normally how long those shows go right? Something like that anyway, it's 6-8 weeks before they are popping the question or declaring love. It is fast, sometimes it works out so we have to hope (hehe I did it too) that Hope and Caleb's romance is true and lasts. :)

      Ah, that's a good question. She's had a lot going on, so her mind could be playing tricks on her. Have to keep reading to find out.

      thanks for reading

      Delete