Monday, January 1, 2018

Gen. 5: Matthew Solo-Ch. 27


Happy New Year!!!! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday and amazing year. I am so ashamed that my last post for this story has now been over a year ago (12/29/16). 2017 was crazy and I neglected my sims. My goal for this year is to strike a better balance between my author life and my sims life. To start the year off right, I'm kicking off with a new update!

Enjoy!


The sheets were scratchy and uncomfortable. The bed felt strange. Different, empty, too big now. That woman invaded my space, did things she had no right to do, now I couldn’t go back. She messed everything up. Nothing was the same. I couldn’t make it right again. My throat hurt, it was as scratchy as the sheets after speaking to her.

She’d quit talking. Other than letting me know my meals had been delivered she didn’t speak. Did I miss it? No letting me know what she’d fixed. No updates on Cameron. Cameron. He was dirty. She’d left him like that. He needed to be cleaned.

I wanted to sleep. Needed to sleep, but the bed was wrong. Everything was wrong.
My body hurt. More than usual. Klutz running towards me, the fall, everything ached. He remembered me. My eyes burned. Tired. Sleep. Please just let me sleep. Slowly I began drumming my fingers on my leg. One, two, three, four. One, two, three, four. One, two, three, four. Thar familiar blanket of oblivion began to take hold. One…two…three…four. One…two…three…four. A knock at the door. Oblivion gone.

“Yer dinner’s ready.”


My head turned towards the door. Waiting. Would more come? Did I want more to come? Was Cameron still here? Hurried footsteps as if she ran away from the door.

I stared at the ceiling hoping to get back that moment. I needed sleep to take me. I’d been awake for too long. Too many thoughts. I turned to my side, Kia’s empty space confronted me. Turned to the other side, one of her shirts peeked out of the half closed closet door.

I swung my legs over the side of the bed. Moving too fast, bad idea. I braced myself on the bed and waited for the room to stop spinning. Damn her! I needed things to go back to how they were. Why did she have to mess it up?


My stomach grumbled. It demanded food. The room was steady. I got to my feet slowly. One…two…three…four…five. Five slow steps to the door. The tray sat at the door. Baked chicken, green beans, a salad and chocolate chip cookies. Always something sweet, and homemade.

Splashing. Singing.

“Rub a dub dub got the baby in the tub. Rub a dub dub we gotta scrub, scrub, scrub.”

One careful step over the tray. Twelve slow steps towards the sound. My body fell into the door jam for stability, I needed to catch my breath.


“Sweet lord! You done scared the bejeezus otta me!”

She looked surprised at my appearance, but that shock turned into a frown. Cameron continued to happily splash the water, showing no recognition of me. My son doesn’t know who I am.

“Do...do ya need sumthen?”

I ignored the annoying interloper, keeping my eyes focused on Cameron. He’s gotten so big. She leaned forward, releasing the drain. Holding the towel with her chin, she picked up Cameron, wrapping him in it. Kia loved bath time. She’d sing to him the whole time. Afterwards she’d sit and rock him until he fell asleep.

The woman looked at me, holding my son close. “I um…I need ta get him dressed. ‘Less of course you wanna do it.” She stepped closer, holding Cameron out towards me.


I reached out to touch one of his wet curls. He turned away, crying as he did so. The stranger responded by stepping back, protectively cradling my son. My son. She was protecting my son from me. 

“He’s just scared is all.  I’m sure after a…um…a sho…shave or sumthen he’d do better.”
My son was scared of me. “Get him dressed before he catches a cold!” I turned to head back to the safety of my room but stopped, “And be sure to clean up that mess.”

I picked up the tray on my way back into my room, then slammed the door behind me.

Lydia


I flinched hearing his door slam.

“Shh Piglet, no need to keep fussin’” I whispered, rocking Cameron so he’d calm down. His little cries started to die down as quickly as they’d started. 
 
Looking ‘round the bathroom, I tried to find the mess he spoke of. Sure there were toys in the tub and a little water on the floor, but nothing too major. “I don’t think ya daddy likes me.” 

Only now did I realize my heartbeat had sped up. That man unnerved me something awful. Cameron responded to my musing by trying to eat my hair. “Not food Piglet.”

I got Cameron dressed then stuck him in his crib so I could go let Klutz in. Since he’d knocked over Mr. Solo Jr. I’d started putting him outdoors if I couldn’t watch him closely. Cameron started fussing soon as I put him down.


“Shush now Piglet, I’ll be right back.” He kept up til I caved and got him from the crib. “What’s got ya all riled up tonight?” He just nuzzled his face in my neck. 

He was a good baby. Usually not too fussy, but he had his moments, like most did. On the way out of his room, I looked over at his daddy’s closed door. Mr. Solo Jr. was a frightening sight, that was for sure. 

I’d not said nothing to Mr. and Mrs. Solo ‘bout the run-in with their son. I figured it was a fluke or something, but he’d come out this time. All on his own. I figured that was progress they’d want to know about.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to see this story back. I missed the Gruber/Solo family.

    Matt still isn't quite ready to stop grieving yet but he is showing signs of life. The fact that he is worried about Cameron not knowing him or being scared by him shows me that he knows on some level that he needs to come out of this for Cam's sake even though he is not there yet. Lydia did the right thing when she asked him if he wanted to dress the baby. He refused but someone does need to give him that gentle push in the right direction. Unfortunately for Lydia she is the only one available to be the target for Matt's anger and grief. At least one man in the family is becoming attached to her. I loved their interaction at the end because its clear that Cam adores Lydia and it was so cute that she called him Piglet. It reminded me the Winnie the Pooh character. This was a great update. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was happy to get back to it. I'm still working things out, but trying.

      Matt is stuck and it's sad to see. The guilt is really eating away at him. Having Cameron there is a huge help as he is giving Matt something to look forward to. Poor Lydia. She's trying. She loves Cameron but Matt scares the crap out of her. LOL She'll do what's best for both of the males in the house, even if that means trying her best to avoid Matt. hahaha

      thanks for reading.

      Delete
  2. At least Matt is showing signs of life. I do worry about what will happen to Lydia if Matt starts bitching more about stuff not being as clean as he'd like or not be where he'd like. She's been through her own hell, and he'd terrify her. But then, maybe that's what he needs... to take care of someone else, help HER with her problems with men.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, he's getting there, but the process can't be rushed. Poor Lydia, if he starts in on her I don't see her doing much but taking it, but we'll see. Hopefully he'll realize how much of a jerk he's being to her eventually when all she's done is her job.

      thanks for reading

      Delete
  3. Has it really been a year? Wow. Does not feel like.
    I'm super happy that you've put out on update. I have often wondered if I'll ever be able to get back into any of mine

    I love that she calls him Piglet, so cute!
    I hope him leaving the room is a sign of more progress to come. He really does need to get out of that headspace he's in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I've been slacking in a major way! :( Trying to get better about things for sure. You have your hands full, so it's understandable the stories are taking a back seat.

      Yeah, I love the nickname for him. She and Cameron are really close and it shows. Too bad his father is a grump.

      thanks for reading

      Delete